• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
mike selvey‏ @selvecricket 1m1 minute ago
More
Warne is right: damned if you do ,damned if you don't . Block and you should be positive, get out doing it and it's reckless.
Don't agree Mike & Shaney.

Test cricket needs resolve as well. You taught early on the basics of defence. You need to make bowlers get you out. Like Kesh got YJB in the first innings :D

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
what does that dickhead on talksport say? heads gone.

the way in which this team mentally disintegrates is shocking sometimes. 5-0 on the cards this winter.
Anything else would come as a shock tbh. And I think we can assume that CA can sort out their differences with the players before then.

btw what does Bairstow average when batting at 4 or 5 in the last couple of years? I suspect it's not nearly enough to justify him not being at number 7.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's not a good way to go IMO. Okay, it doesn't matter result-wise, but good habits beget good habits and bad ones beget bad ones, and that sort of thing is very symptomatic of a team which is a bit too enamoured with the good ol' downhill ski. Morgieb is right in comparing it to how we played a few years back when things got tough.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
interesting, looks like there was 'something' on ultra edge. like it wasnt a flatline. so what do we do

edit - hussain answered my query right away

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sighs.

Heaven forbid one of them sticks around for more than an hour.
'Cos obviously being caught at square leg is a great way to go.