• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Since Morkel has come back in New Zealand he has been so so good too. I just think it needs saying. Poor big guy can come in for some stick on here sometimes. He has been good for SA for a number of years now. Never loses his pace (one of the quickest bowlers consistently without putting in as much effort as others) & so good to lefties. Can swing it in and angle and straighten.
He has been excellent in this series, even making consideration for that no ball

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I always feel Morkel is underrated.. but hey. What do we do when Steyn comes back is a big question?
Well this allows them to rotate right. I know bowlers don't like it but it's essential when you have Steyn nearing the end of his career, Rabada and Morkel playing all 3 formats, and given the overs that Rabada bowls, you don't want him to break down. Rotating is the way to go.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously this is dreadful too, but you can't look past that first innings. A hammering was nailed on by then.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Well this allows them to rotate right. I know bowlers don't like it but it's essential when you have Steyn nearing the end of his career, Rabada and Morkel playing all 3 formats, and given the overs that Rabada bowls, you don't want him to break down. Rotating is the way to go.
I would love that idea... particularly for LO stuff. But Rabada is unfortunately going to bowl and bowl and bowl... for non cricketing reasons.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously this is dreadful too, but you can't look past that first innings. A hammering was nailed on by then.
Both first innings imo. Agreed that our middle order deserve all the flack in the world for the way they played on Day 2, but SA were well over par on Day 1 because we didn't make decent use of the conditions. Lots of big names not doing their jobs.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Both first innings imo. Agreed that our middle order deserve all the flack in the world for the way they played on Day 2, but SA were well over par on Day 1 because we didn't make decent use of the conditions. Lots of big names not doing their jobs.
We weren't fantastic but we weren't terrible either. Broad started well and Jimmy finished well, Stokes was expensive but threatening. The biggest holes in the bowling, as usual, are the unproven guys. The batting is Root or bust.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
what does that dickhead on talksport say? heads gone.

the way in which this team mentally disintegrates is shocking sometimes. 5-0 on the cards this winter.