• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
Alright so assuming overcast conditions, are English fans wanting to bat or bowl first? Suspect the answer to this might be obvious...

ProteasFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SA to win by an innings ( hahaha, how I hope!)

seriously, I think SA will prevail by 4 wickets or by 80 + runs.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright so assuming overcast conditions, are English fans wanting to bat or bowl first? Suspect the answer to this might be obvious...
I'd like to bat and bowl, simultaneously finishing 370/2 and bowling them out for 130 with a lead.

smash84

The Tiger King
really looking forward to this series and I seriously hope it isn't like the India-Eng series in 2010. That was such a damper

Ruckus

International Captain
I'd like to bat and bowl, simultaneously finishing 370/2 and bowling them out for 130 with a lead.
I would like to see England bat first if they get the chance. Would like to see them show their confidence by putting pressure on their batsman to set up the game from the onset. In any case, the conditions will probably be a bit iffy the entire match so I'm not sure how risky it would be batting first anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England haven't really shown the ability to chase a decent score to win a match at all so I'd be much happier to see 'us' (England) bat first.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Quite dry and bright this morning, so play should start on time. Heard the weather could get a bit grizzly later in the day, though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Got my money on SA this series, our batting will struggle and I think they will get a least one or two big knocks out of Smith, Kallis, Amla & De Villiers

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I would like to see England bat first if they get the chance. Would like to see them show their confidence by putting pressure on their batsman to set up the game from the onset. In any case, the conditions will probably be a bit iffy the entire match so I'm not sure how risky it would be batting first anyway.
Yeah inclined to agree.

Would show either a lack of faith in the batsmen or an overconfidence in the bowler's to have a field in the First Test of a marquee series, especially at the Oval.

Woodster

International Captain
A good case can conceivably be made for either side being victorious in this series, it is that close. Will SA be rusty ? Will England's know-how in these conditions give them the edge ? Can Kallis and Steyn finally achieve their top form against England ? There are so many different ways to look at where the decisive part of this series can be won, and my predicitions historically are normally wide of the mark, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy what should hopefully be a world-class contest.

Can't wait for it to start now!