• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone posted during this test that we'd see 'It's the hope that kills you' being rattled out. It certainly is the case. I mean those two stands were fun and all but you just knew as soon as we got somewhere close a wicket was bound to fall and the game would tilt that much further South Africa's way, but you couldn't help believing it might happen.

With the new ball here now I just can't see Jimmy and Finn lasting long enough. Not with this much pressure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prior didn't need to play that shot I reckon, we just need 2.6 rpo here.
Don't think he has much faith in Anderson/Finn against the new ball. Jimmy should be able to hold an end up though really; useful tailender when there's still a proper batsman in.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Prior didn't need to play that shot I reckon, we just need 2.6 rpo here.
I agree, but can understand his thinking - taking even more pressure off while the ball is old and while he is on strike.

Freezing him off strike later on is going to happen, may be easier to do some damage now so that SA can't afford to give away the singles.

Obviously going out is the worst case scenario though!