• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I don't understand how a big, strong cricketer like John Hastings can't even manage to get it above 130km/h when bowling.

Redbacks

International Captain
Our best is good but when we are down we are horrible. Can't build pressure on the batsmen and SA are taking full toll.

Poor work by the selectors. Perhaps another review? Or we can invite India back.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta have the obligatory one short, wide nut per over. Terrific execution of the plan.

****s. ****ing abject ****s.

Dissector

International Debutant
So at what point will SA declare? They could bat Australia out of the game with a target of say 700 while still giving themselves 5 sessions to bowl them out.

Or they could declare late today with a target of around 600, which is makeable in two days though obviously highly unlikely.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a beautiful late cut by de Villiers.

Brett Lee: value for money at the WACA...

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
An hour before lunch tomorrow has been my feeling for a while. No third new ball on offer, but really South Africa shouldn't need a third new ball.

Howsie

International Captain
John Hastings on test debut, interesting. Must say I've never really seen much in his bowling in the ODI's I've seen him play.
Yep he's rubbish.

Whatever happened to Ben Cutting? He was in the test frame last season wasn't he?

Flem274*

123/5
SA don't need to bat for too much longer tbh. 500 - 600 would be a world record chase, and if Australia can manage it after their first innings shambles against a good attack then well played. 700 is excessive. You want Australia to have to bat for as long as possible.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So at what point will SA declare? They could bat Australia out of the game with a target of say 700 while still giving themselves 5 sessions to bowl them out.

Or they could declare late today with a target of around 600, which is makeable in two days though obviously highly unlikely.
I think SA are safe now. If they were to get bowled out in the next 7 balls.

However, if I was SA I would start to pump it in 10 overs from now when more shine is off the ball and pile on quick runs.

I think 520 in front is enough and may make Aussie even play some shots in a futile attempt to win while 700 in front is going to result in dour batting from the Aussies.