• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair, this time last week they were playing on Adelaide, which is about as different a pitch as you'll get in the southern hemisphere. But the batting has been poor, from both sides.

Flem274*

123/5
Love Smith. Parts of his technique shouldn't work but do and I love his hard nosed lead from the front attitude.

I'm a sucker for ugly, ballsy but effective openers.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Looking a lot more like the second-string bowling attack now.
Australia missing Siddle. They look down mentally due to the first innings lead, and its effecting their bowlers. Starc and Johnson aren't reliable anyway, Watson cant bowl much and Hastings is a bit pedestrian. They need Siddle to charge in constantly while pitching it up

abmk

State 12th Man
To be fair, this time last week they were playing on Adelaide, which is about as different a pitch as you'll get in the southern hemisphere. But the batting has been poor, from both sides.
yeah, I think that is the reason ....

Days of Grace

International Captain
Love Smith. Parts of his technique shouldn't work but do and I love his hard nosed lead from the front attitude.

I'm a sucker for ugly, ballsy but effective openers.
Not surprised. We would take the ugliest duckling opener averaging 45 for New Zealand.

Lol, this is a pummelling.

Spark

Global Moderator
What happened to "pitch it up, ****s"?

Mind you, these two are putting the lie to the idea that this pitch is that hard to bat on.

stumpski

International Captain
Batting seems to be a lot easier now - and the lead's already more than Aus managed in the first innings. So much time left in the game as well. Good to be able to watch some live cricket in this series when not in bed or getting ready for work.

abmk

State 12th Man
100 up for SA ...

both smith and amla look to be in good touch .... ominous signs for Aus .... none of their bowlers are looking that threatening ATM ....