• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semifinal One: Portugal vs Wales

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Portugal vs Wales
Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon
Wednesday 6 July, kick off 21.00 CET

Portugal: P5 W1 (aet) D4 (1pso) L0
Wales: P5 W4 D0 L1 (to England)

First ever meeting in competition match; 3 friendlies, 3-2 POR (H) in 1949, 2-1 WAL (H) in 1951, 3-0 POR (H) in 2000

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hope Ronaldo scores a hat trick and Bale fails a post match drugs test. Come on Portugal!

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Wales 4 v Portugal 3 in a thriller. Ronaldo hat trick with Wales equalizing within minutes each time. Which causes a Ronaldo meltdown.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Hope Ronaldo scores a hat trick and Bale fails a post match drugs test. Come on Portugal!
Lol.. Wales hatred knows no bounds it seems ( was going to insert a smiley here,but there isn't one with sheep doing rude stuff....)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Occasionally a match comes along where you genuinely don't care who wins. Although it's a bit more rare for the reasoning to be that neither team deserves to.

Redbacks

International Captain
Lol. Beating/Outlasting Croatia or Belgium in knockout game gives credence to a challenge for the title. Both sides that pretty much all the deposed teams would struggle to beat (bar Italy perhaps). They deserve to be where they are or we could claim the French are unworthy too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol. Beating/Outlasting Croatia or Belgium in knockout game gives credence to a challenge for the title. Both sides that pretty much all the deposed teams would struggle to beat (bar Italy perhaps). They deserve to be where they are or we could claim the French are unworthy too.
You're seriously over-rating Croatia here.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You're missing the point. It's Ronaldo and a bunch of Welsh people.

nick-o

State 12th Man
You're missing the point. It's Ronaldo and a bunch of Welsh people.
Don't worry. According to BoyBrumby, half of them aren't Welsh anyway.

I'm expecting we'll be thrashed tomorrow night, but even so I'll probably be roaming the streets of Shinjuku at 4 am looking for a bar that's open -- not that I don't do that most nights anyway, of course, but it'll be in a better cause than usual.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't care either ways. Was rooting for Belgium, but would like to see a red card for Pepe regardless of result.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If he plays. Has a thigh problem.

I'm conflicted on this one, I don't know who I want to lose more. Ramsey being banned takes away Wales' only likeable feature.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Portugal came 3rd in an easy group, there is no way they deserve to be there.