• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Jacknife

International Captain
I think it's bull that Australia were allowed to refer that Pietersen call after the umpire had signalled byes tbh
Agreed, he actually waited for the sign, then called the review, saying that, it was one of the worst reviews I've see in a while.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd be interested in seeing what HawkEye made of whether the delivery would have hit the stumps or not, I didn't think it looked close to being a decent shout even ignoring whether or not it hit him outside the line.

Woodster

International Captain
Early plans for Aussies bowlers just seems to be back to basics, nothing clever just hit that channel just outside off stump, and be patient and consistent. The problem is the left/right hand combination which means they err in line the odd time, and the form Cook is in, he'll find the gaps for a boundary, like he did in the last over off Harris.

King Pietersen

International Captain
KP better score a century. It's been an agonising wait for one, has been a ridiculous amount of time now. If he chucks it away playing a brainless shot I might cry.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thank **** for that.

Well played KP. I've refrained from commenting on him for fear of jinxing, but about 5 balls into his innings in Brisbane I thought he looked ominously good.

King Pietersen

International Captain
WAFG. Awesome knock, KP is back in the game. I see the next 12 months being huge for him, expecting some massive scores. Must be an ominous feeling for Australia. Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell and now Pietersen all in awesome form. All they need now is Colly to come in and make a ton.

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
Expected a bigger celebration from KP there. Well done to him for keeping it relatively restrained, he still knows there's work to be done.

Supreme knock too by the way. Only that one false shot first off to Doherty and since then never looked remotely in trouble.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Early plans for Aussies bowlers just seems to be back to basics, nothing clever just hit that channel just outside off stump, and be patient and consistent. The problem is the left/right hand combination which means they err in line the odd time, and the form Cook is in, he'll find the gaps for a boundary, like he did in the last over off Harris.
Trouble is both players are in such good form the runs are flowing anyway. For any other captain i'd feel some sympathy but not Ponting. Hope he hates every minute of it.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Top work KP, hope this is a catalyst for him to really push on and regain the kind of form we all know he's capable of. Been a very average time for him since his last ton, so let's that particular corner has been turned.

JBH001

International Regular
England scoring fast here. If they keep this up, a post-tea declaration is very much on the cards. If so, Australia 2 down at the close with Kattich and a nightwatchman (Doherty?) at the crease.

Woodster

International Captain
Trouble is both players are in such good form the runs are flowing anyway. For any other captain i'd feel some sympathy but not Ponting. Hope he hates every minute of it.
Yes absolutely KP is now looking in very good nick. Only mentioned Cook specifically because his form has been outstandingly good all tour, but you're right these two making the margins for error so very small.

Is there not a small part of you feeling for Ponting ? Nah, me neither.

JBH001

International Regular
Jeez, no Australian posters at all on the thread?

Anyway, much as I hate to say it, I've traded sitting at home watching this day's play for a few hours at the I-Cafe playing StarCraft 2. I hope Cook and KP are still there when I clock back. Enjoy the day's play, all.