• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Khawaja doesn't trouble me too much, however Harris does. Massive improvement on Starc for me.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and the people did rejoice
Would prefer Bird personally, but then I spent the first 30 mins of Siddle's 1st spell in the First Test saying he was bowling rubbish...and he took 5/50. Think Harris is a good choice if he stays fit. Reckon Bird would be handy too though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
usman for cowan is a big sideways trade that wont change much imo - if usman scores runs i expect cowan to do similar. i use this picture as proof

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Harris was by some distance our best bowler in SL so I have no idea why it being slow/not swinging would be an issue for him
But that was a long time ago, wasn't it? Has anyone kept up with him in the domestic competitions? It's bit of the same fallacy England subscribe to w.r.t Bresnan. He was very good almost four years ago but all evidence since then says otherwise.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well he's been just as good since then whenever he's played. Looked a class above in the Shield final.

morgieb

Harris has bowled at a high class in any tests he's played.

Looked good in the very little domestic cricket he played last season IIRC.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's a testament to how simple bowling can be. He doesn't "look" anything special on first blush, he just happens to bowl accurately and at good pace at the top of off stump with a little movement each way and, well...

howardj

International Coach
Finally some common sense has prevailed and we've dropped a man who was averaging 30 across almost 20 consecutive Tests, and reinstated a man who is averaging 23 with the ball

#boofsense

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If a good bowling average got you into the side, Bird would've been first picked.

Bird is the word!

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
So that leaves the Patto at 11 then

Agar
Siddle
Harris
Pattinson

I wonder what the highest career average without a 50 is, Pattinson sitting on 28.6 and if he keeps batting at 11 he'll get a lot of NO's

Spikey

if I was Furball, I would have said over the last two years Watson could only dream of Cowan's average

Spikey

jim maxwell ‏@jimmaxcricket 33s
Another hot day in London heading for 26 over next five days. Sounds like khawaja/Harris in for Cowan/Starc. Queen'visit means play at 11.15

lift yr game england

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
I know its left feild but given his CC form I keep hoping Katich is drafted.

Watson
Rogers
Katich
Hughes
Clarke
Smith

Although to keep them from batting together we might have to have Kat to open and Clarke at 6

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So that leaves the Patto at 11 then

Agar
Siddle
Harris
Pattinson

I wonder what the highest career average without a 50 is, Pattinson sitting on 28.6 and if he keeps batting at 11 he'll get a lot of NO's
Pattinson is a much better bat than Harris