• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

ajdude

International Coach
admittedly i'm loving watching this version of joe root. i don't even care anymore i just want him to make a double (preferably of the
variety)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Boy hasn't Root opened up after passing 100. Some superb play.
This session is his reward for digging in and doing the hard work last night and in the first 2 sessions. Tired bowlers, flat deck, seeing it like a football. Fill your boots.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This session is his reward for digging in and doing the hard work last night and in the first 2 sessions. Tired bowlers, flat deck, seeing it like a football. Fill your boots.
Yeah, as is Bell (though he doesn't deserve the easy runs as he was out) after his important hundreds in the previous innings.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Silly? England aren't grinding us into the dirt, they are slowly lowering us into a grave of our own making, most teams would have come out swinging and buried us, lost opportunity, our bowlers can now remain confident for the next game while the English batsmen gain little from the experience.

It only took two hours for your comment to look as stupid as I thought that it would have.

When you want to grind someone into the dirt, you make sure that you have a firm footing first.

Let the grinding commence - a grinding that Cricket Australia won't forget for a few years. And as far as Aussie cricket fans are concerned, I remember Simon Jones lying in the outfield in agony as the fans laughed. I have no sympathy for you.