• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disgusting. Everything about this. Third umpiring decision. Scorecard. Australian batting. Just everything is disgusting.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Not watching as listening to TMS in bed........Geoffrey and the boys disgusted with that. ****canning Erasmus for not calling it on the field.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
wow, I'm having a good evening, I'm watching the worst cricket ever in between colour correcting my film, yuck

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Annoys me on many levels. Aside from the obvious (it ****ing carried), if we're going to actually fine and suspend fielders for claiming grounded catches then we should be taking their word for it when there's no conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise. Even if it was a 50/50 call (which it wasn't) then Bell should be on his way. We're binding players to the spirit of cricket on that particular rule so we might as well use it to our advantage in the decision making process. If that can happen to Smith when he takes a clean catch, why shouldn't he appeal when he thinks he can get one back?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't blame Bell though as nobody takes the fielders word for it these days anyway. Was a terrible decision by the umpire in the box.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Woeful decision, absolutely hate the lack of cricket sense from many 3rd umpires - they should be able to say 'umpire call' instead of just out and not out and the umpire should grow some balls.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Wow, the umpiring has been almost as mediocre as Australia this Ashes series. So frustrating. And I'm sorry, but batsmen should start taking the fielder's word again.