• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

JBH001

International Regular
Might be worth letting Swann having an over or two at Ponting before lunch. As long as he slows it up.

Edit/ Sloppy work, England.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yep, spot on.

They are all over us at the moment and deserve to be in this position, regardless of how they got there.
Was just going to say something very similar. If our batsmen don't make mistakes, they can't be given out to dubious decisions. It's really that simple.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Think Swann must come on very shortly.

Before the Ashes started I was concerned with Hussey's ability to handle Swann.

Watch for the LBW or nick to first slip..

pasag

RTDAS
A Ponting ton would be nice here, would get him to within 3 of Sachin. Probably the only redeeming thing of the match from our pov.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly can't remember the last time a cricketer was so universally reviled. Are there any Stuart Broad fans on CW?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think Swann must come on very shortly.

Before the Ashes started I was concerned with Hussey's ability to handle Swann.

Watch for the LBW or nick to first slip..
Hope Hussey makes at least 50-odd here in order to dispel the nonsense proposal of him being dropped.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. They should either all go upstairs for anything with doubt or not at all. You can't tell me both umpires were convinced it was out, otherwise Rudi would have given it originally.
Both umpires don't need to be convinced. They work as a team and if the umpire at the bowler's end for whatever reason doesn't have a clear view he can consult with the square leg umpire and if the square leg umpire is convinced then it must be given out without a referral. Only if both are unsighted should they refer it (if I remember the rules correctly).

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Captain Charisma strikes with a classical insult. :laugh:

Nevertheless, no matter how someone posts, you don't take cracks at your fellow countrymen. You don't see any of the poms doing this and you give a far worse appeal to the country then any dickhead could, so well done on tarnishing the great reputation of Australia.

Your so **** because you've won 1 premiership in the last 50 years.
You from Mordialloc, buddy? Would fit right in with the crowd there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly can't remember the last time a cricketer was so universally reviled. Are there any Stuart Broad fans on CW?
Yup, a fair few - they generally keep schtum when a game's in motion because it's about the only time they realise how crap he is.

Redbacks

International Captain
A Ponting ton would be nice here, would get him to within 3 of Sachin. Probably the only redeeming thing of the match from our pov.
Johnson to hopefully get some runs and maybe a bit of confidence. Should he play the next match if his net form is similar to this match?

JBH001

International Regular
Dont know if I'd call myself a fan per se. But I dont share the general revulsion of most CW posters.

Think he is a good cricketer, and will only get better - if never world class or anything like that.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Yeah, as I've said before, you are good at displaying your failure to understand how it is on CW. You're clearly used to lesser-quality boards.
I'm used to lesser-quality posters like yourself, yes. Not gonna come up with a 3000 wrote essay on your flaws, because the fact that you tried to justify why the Hauritz & Strauss catch being handled different was the right decision says it all, tbh. I'm done replying to your rubbish. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Both umpires don't need to be convinced. They work as a team and if the umpire at the bowler's end for whatever reason doesn't have a clear view he can consult with the square leg umpire and if the square leg umpire is convinced then it must be given out without a referral. Only if both are unsighted should they refer it (if I remember the rules correctly).
Yup, and that's the way it should be IMO.