• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Second Semi-Final: New Zealand vs. Pakistan

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love how he started out experimenting with the misspelt name "Toufel", quickly moved on to the even more wrong "Tofel" before finally settling on the equally dumb "Toufal".

Shri

Mr. Glass
Younis Khan was a liability to his side in this tournament imo. Made a grand total of 53 runs and was clearly in discomfort because of his injury. Went for personal glory by playing in matches though he was adviced a 4 week rest(some may call it 'selflessness' and other shiznit though) and cost his side the trophy by not contributing with the bat and dropping a important catch in the semifinal. Should have let a fitter batsman replace him.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
SUCKED IN. :laugh:

BC's missed a tonne of run out chances they would normally get, so, your crap house team was lucky to have gotten to where they were.

Pakistan team has no bottle mate - much like your postings.

To remind you - enjoy not being in the final.
Now you are trolling.:dry:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Shot of the day for me by a Kiwi - was the last over that Afridi bowled. I was wondering if we were going to meekly let him bowl out - and then elliot answered by punching him over the top of cover down to the boundary for four. We needed runs at the time and Afridi was bowling well - it was a gutsy play.

They made me damn nervous during that run chase - and I never knew that Vettori could slog so well. He said after the game that number 6 was going to be his spot - I hope he makes that change for test matches as well.

Flem274*

123/5
So Broom's gone then?

Fair call, he was played out of position but when you select a guy with that record, he better prove you right quickly.

He should be one of our first go to batsmen if a test player goes down, but I don't think he's ever been much of an OD player. Judging by watching him play in internationals, that may have something to do with his decision making when he decides what shot to play.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So Broom's gone then?

Fair call, he was played out of position but when you select a guy with that record, he better prove you right quickly.

He should be one of our first go to batsmen if a test player goes down, but I don't think he's ever been much of an OD player. Judging by watching him play in internationals, that may have something to do with his decision making when he decides what shot to play.
I am not sure if he is gone - but they are sending a signal that he might be - they could technically keep him in the team at 7. But that would be a strange call and he would be competing with Oram for that spot.

Zinzan

I think NZ is leaving it till too late. If they lose a wicket now it will put huge pressure on the new batsman. Even if they manage to scrape through I think their chase has been poorly planned.
Load of rubbish, perfectly paced chase IMO, the prospect of the PP always meant NZ were never too far behind to worry

Dissector

International Debutant
It worked out well but it wouldn't have looked so good if Younis Khan had taken that catch and new batsman came in at the time of the PP. Vettori would have probably taken fewer risks.

Zinzan

It worked out well but it wouldn't have looked so good if Younis Khan had taken that catch and new batsman came in at the time of the PP. Vettori would have probably taken fewer risks.
Meh, there's 'could-have's' & 'should-haves' in ever game of cricket, still would've backed NZ had Elliott been caught then, we only needed another 60odd at that point & had a more than useful lower order in this game. The fact NZ won by 5 wickets with 2.1 overs remaining demonstrates to me it was a perfectly paced chase, RRR never got far passed 7 &they always had the final PP up their sleeves.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Load of rubbish, perfectly paced chase IMO, the prospect of the PP always meant NZ were never too far behind to worry
If that catch had've been taken - or if Vettori and Elliot hadn't managed to smash during the power play overs it could have turned out differently.

I mean can you really count on your players to take 50 runs during the power play - because that is what they did.

Over 43 10 runs
over 44 7 runs
over 45 14 runs
over 46 16 runs
over 48 8 runs

The 4 overs proceeding the power play resulted in 13 runs. Producing a lot of frustration amongst the faithful at the time.

Zinzan

If that catch had've been taken - or if Vettori and Elliot hadn't managed to smash during the power play overs it could have turned out differently.

I mean can you really count on your players to take 50 runs during the power play - because that is what they did.

Over 43 10 runs
over 44 7 runs
over 45 14 runs
over 46 16 runs
over 48 8 runs

The 4 overs proceeding the power play resulted in 13 runs. Producing a lot of frustration amongst the faithful at the time.
Look, of course there was a possibility we could've have lost had Elliott fallen, but I still maintain there was nothing wrong with Elliott & Vettori's approach up until that point.

When Vettori came to the wicket, NZ were 4 down within 30 overs & it wasn't until the 40th (39.2) that Elliott was dropped. The RRR at the time was 6.2, so you're effectively asking your last 5; Broom, Franklin, Mills, Butler & Bond along with Vettori to get a run a ball off the last 10 overs with a PP in hand.

Had we lost, it would've been due to a pretty spectacular fail by Vettori & the lower-order as opposed to the way Elliott & Vettori set things up.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Now you are trolling.:dry:
Not trolling. Giving him a piece of my mind for being such a poor loser, just like a number of other Pakistani posters here. You guys would do well to act like your players - see how gracious they were when they lost - and they had a lot more invested in the game than you guys.

I'll reiterate the point that Pakistan were lucky to have gotten past 200, considering how many missed fielding chances the NZ team made.

Outplayed and outclassed my friends. :cool:

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not trolling. Giving him a piece of my mind for being such a poor loser, just like a number of other Pakistani posters here. You guys would do well to act like your players - see how gracious they were when they lost - and they had a lot more invested in the game than you guys.

I'll reiterate the point that Pakistan were lucky to have gotten past 200, considering how many missed fielding chances the NZ team made.

Nauman was the only one being a sore loser.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

I also agree that it was just one poster. And thought the rest of the posters were great despite being tested by a poor umpiring decision. I think a little bit of venting is fine. If we get a shocker in the final I will say something.

Also - I thought the Pakistanis bowling was classy - I was intimidated by the spin twins and think we will have our hands full will they tour here. And thought the young 17 year old looked classy too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Woke up for our chase as it was snowing in Gore the other day. Elliott and Vettori were very very impressive.

Very pleased with our performance and Vettori coming at 6 from now makes sense with Franklin 7 and Mills at 8. Plenty of batting and our bowling mix is starting look right. Aamer was probably the pick of the bowlers but besides him I'd say our boys bowled better than Pakistan by a fair way. Afridi did well too though.