• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
No (that would be silly)

You can't deny that there are an unrealistic amount of new players though?

The rookies/2nd years:3+ years ratio is not realistic.

We prepare to stage matchfixing trials.

We have Rebel Tours.

We make it realistic.

The rookies/2nd years:3+ years ratio is not realistic.
Jamee, as we're being realistic, please tell me the amount of nations that...
A) Play more than one domestic season per calender year.
B) Play 4D/5D games in less than an hour.
C) Have a national squad before they have a domestic tournament.
D) Have their national squad be given test status within their first four or five domestic seasons. In fact, although I wasn't around, I'm betting that there was a test squad before there were even three domestic sides in CWLand.
E) Have rebel tours and matchfixing trials in their ninth domestic season.
F) DON'T have a large amount of new players in their ninth domestic season, particularly when they've only just expanded to include a fifth team.

I'd come up with more, but the ads on the telly are over. :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Jamee, as we're being realistic, please tell me the amount of nations that
ARE RUN ON SIMULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
When half the league is made up of inexperienced players, why is it so glaring that 3 of them are matching the big boys?
It's not matching so much as exceeding by a considerable amount.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Right If this goes on for longer! before we know dev league cricket is nonexisistent!!! PEOPLE ITS JUST A GAME!! FFS!!! cool down and just have fun!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
good to see people know my name and I dont know theres.....so Wrangler..who are you ? part of the famous nayakies ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And yet the performance says otherwise. Fascinating.
Oh yes, the 2 top batsmen being new players is of course not relevant is it?

No matter what you say, rating these players as better than established Internationals is not right.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon guys, Liam is aware of the issue and under the circumstances, I don't think he can do much about it. At least wait until the end of the season.

Anyway - GOOD WIN REDS!!

Just looking at some performances - Borcich with 3/49 & 1/16, Bennett with 6/57 and 0* from 33 balls whilst I scored 25 odd runs at the other end :D, Marc's 114 & 2/28, and Ian's 4/9 (a Clarke-esque bowling performance).

Finally finding our feet, guys.. let's not let off field issues disrupt this rhythm that we've got going...

GO REDS!!!!!!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Disappointing effort all round from Green, in the first innings only Feeney and Garven of the batsman made starts (With Feeney getting a great century). Rose and Weber were able to push the total towards 300 which saved a bit of face. While our bowling was tight we failed to gain vital back to back wickets, allowing partnerships to build all the time. Our second innings was dreadful with all the top six making a start but unable to amount anything more then 37. Defending only 130 odd was always going to be a tough as, and it was a good effort to remove most of their top order before being defeated. Although there was a few positive signs the team as a whole needs to lift its act a bit starting with the game against England tomorrow…

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Oh yes, the 2 top batsmen being new players is of course not relevant is it?

No matter what you say, rating these players as better than established Internationals is not right.
The two top batsmen are not new players. Feeney is number 2 in runs scored.

Besides, I love how you ignore the fact that those are the only 2 in the top 10 runscorers. Good show Marc.

Basically what you're saying is that rookies must be worse than experienced internationals? So if an international... for example, Goff or Rikki Clarke, isn't really that prolific a player, a rookie must automatically be worse? That's ridiculous. Having international credits next to your name doesn't automatically make you better than anyone else. This holds water especially when you consider that you're complaining because a couple of players have similar or slightly better simming stats than some of the internationals. Most of the internationals contribute heavily in Dev League cricket. Good show.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how ridiculous is this getting, unbelievable, seems marc wont stop until A) hes in complete power of the world B) There is no Cwxi or dev league anymore...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd like to know what stats the current/former internationals started with. I'm pretty sure they are on par with the current rookies.