• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
A word for Liam here - I don't know how he has the stamina to keep working on the CW XI. People are pushing home the same repetitive point and he keeps defying it, and yet people rabbit on. It is tiresome, it is pointless, and this jealousy really doesn't bring CW forward in any way.
Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Liam, for Marc's sake you really should go on strike or total shutdown of CWXI. That, after all, does appear what Marc wants with his continuous anal badgering of you and his needless whinging and whining overall of the entire system.

Marc, honestly why do you even "participate" in the system, when all you appear to do is complain and put a bad taste in everyones mouth?
Wait...as this is only my second season am I even allowed to voice an opinion on the topic of the great Marc Robbins? ...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The colts are hardly winning matches by innings and blasting hundreds at every batting position, or taking 5fer's at the drop of the hat. A lot of our games have been close and competitive. Other's we've been plain outclassed.

Are the Colts batsmen expected to end the season with an average no higher than 25?
And must the bowlers average over 35?

I'm sorry, I missed the part of the sign up form saying "How poor do you want to perform this season? Really poor/amazingly poor/poor enough to satisfy Marc".

If we beat other teams, it's hardly our fault now is it?
If we do something right, we must be doing something wrong.

Now, can we get on with it?

GO COLTS! :)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to clarify something...

Whilst I don't agree with most of what Marc is saying, I won't go so far as to say him saying it isn't necessary. Criticism is necessary to keep the system going strongly. Whilst it may seem as though Marc has taken it to an extreme, I appreciate the fact that he's pushing for improvements.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Tom Halsey said:
I'm getting sick and tired of the Red team now. Do us a favour and get over it.
Dont take the actions of a few individuals and judge the whole team by it.

dinu23

International Debutant
NZTailender said:
The colts are hardly winning matches by innings and blasting hundreds at every batting position, or taking 5fer's at the drop of the hat. A lot of our games have been close and competitive. Other's we've been plain outclassed.

Are the Colts batsmen expected to end the season with an average no higher than 25?
And must the bowlers average over 35?

I'm sorry, I missed the part of the sign up form saying "How poor do you want to perform this season? Really poor/amazingly poor/poor enough to satisfy Marc".

If we beat other teams, it's hardly our fault now is it?
If we do something right, we must be doing something wrong.

Now, can we get on with it?

GO COLTS! :)
you rookies must not perform better than us! it is against the law, the law of Mr.Marc!

NZTailender

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Just to clarify something...

Whilst I don't agree with most of what Marc is saying, I won't go so far as to say him saying it isn't necessary. Criticism is necessary to keep the system going strongly. Whilst it may seem as though Marc has taken it to an extreme, I appreciate the fact that he's pushing for improvements.
Of course. If things are questioned, things won't get changed. Or something like that.

I would tend to agree with him if the Colts win the rest of their games by a massive margin, but right now, he's overreacting.

Does the program that's being used take into account rookie status? Or does it go simply on what averages/strike rates (etc) get put in when the player signs up (which I thought)?

At the same time, rookies are allowed to have a good debut season, aren't they? And it's not like all of us are having wonderful debuts (which I know first hand :ph34r: )

I think we should 'wait and see' and if required, make the changes for next season.

Just my 2 cents. :mellow:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well mr/mrs NZTailender, the thing is, Marc also raised some concerns of his over rookies last year. It's not purely because the Colts made 550 - it's about rookies in general.

NZTailender

Robertinho said:
Well mr/mrs NZTailender, the thing is, Marc also raised some concerns of his over rookies last year. It's not purely because the Colts made 550 - it's about rookies in general.

Ah, I see. Everyone's got to start somewhere? I guess that's his point..better integration (I hope that's his point).

I'll shutup before I look more of a buffoon :)

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Meh liam you may be right that the system needs critiscim to improve but seriously mark shut up... youve made it perfectly clear that you dont like the fact that some rookies are doing well.. but thats life and owell.. and for jamme and who ever else said it yes we are trying to be a realistic as possible but think about it we are a system that simulates games of crickets.. thats hardly realistic in its self.. so id say build a bridge get over it

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Oh yes, the 2 top batsmen being new players is of course not relevant is it?

No matter what you say, rating these players as better than established Internationals is not right.

hey look buddy, some rookies can make a bit of a splash, if it didn't, what would you think of Piterson and Struss now, would you want them out, the poms fresh future? hmmmmm

if you were doing it to the english team, the poms wouldn't be where they are now

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Dizzy #4 said:
hey look buddy, some rookies can make a bit of a splash, if it didn't, what would you think of Piterson and Struss now, would you want them out, the poms fresh future? hmmmmm

if you were doing it to the english team, the poms wouldn't be where they are now
Yeh good one buddy..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:

Last time i checked it took KP and Stauss a couple seasons before they made their England debuts ;)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
chaminda... just let it go.. KP and Strauss are very good... and they were good when they were young and entering FC Cricket and they are even better now and they r still young and entering test cricket.. so seriously let it go... they are only rookies in a fake game afterall (fake not being rude to u liam :))

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Indeed I did - and last year there were others who were pushing for changes.

Strangely they're not so keen now they've changed teams...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dizzy #4 said:
Pieterson and Strauss are not in their first season of cricket at FC level but already more talented than the opposition.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Pieterson and Strauss are not in their first season of cricket at FC level but already more talented than the opposition.
What about Shaun Tait then? Broke the wicket taking record in his second season of first class cricket. What about Shane Warne, who is dominant at test level but as a significantly higher average in Australian first class cricket and takes far less wickets and is almost never a dominant figure? Or Glenn McGrath, who was called up to the test team after less than 10 FC matches?