• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Except that the fact that they're not dominating shows that there are no inequalities, just like last season.
I have proof of the inequalities though.

Nobody has yet answered when have 3 rookie players come into the game in real life already better than established Test players...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
When you provided us with simming averages.
And I'm fairly certain I stated that those simming averages did not include experience points, which do exist in the sim. I just didn't have time to work them out then.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
They did tell us how many points per season though, so it's not hard to add a to b and still find out that c, d and e are all bigger.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
I have proof of the inequalities though.

Nobody has yet answered when have 3 rookie players come into the game in real life already better than established Test players...
Are you talking about this season? Are the rookies outplaying the Test players this season? Yes, a couple of the Test players have struggled this season, but largely there's been a good balance. Young and Robbins have been outstanding. Fitzsimmons, Rose and Kennett have been solid. Halsey and Pickup have been very good.

There are really only who have starred this season. The highest FC wicket-taker among rookies (Thomas) is 12th on the overall list and there are 5 bowlers with 10+ wickets ahead of him on average.

A rookie leads the FC runscorers, but overall there are 3 genuine rookies in the top 10 FC runscorers, with the top 20 holding 5 former or current internationals and 10 who have served more than 2 seasons on Dev Cricket.

I don't see where the imbalance is really. If the key to this whole thing is a score of 500+ against a good bowling attack on a flat wicket... wow...

That said, I do appreciate that you have not revealed the simming stats to the general public, as that would cause unnecessary chaos, as I'm sure you realize.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
They did tell us how many points per season though, so it's not hard to add a to b and still find out that c, d and e are all bigger.
I must re-check that then. I won't be changing anything, but I'll check to see if that's accurate.

What it boils down to is some simple figures...

Number of players in the Dev League: 80
Number of rookies/second year players: 38
Number of rookies: 21
% of rookies: 26%
% of rookies/second year players: 48%

When half the league is made up of inexperienced players, why is it so glaring that 3 of them are matching the big boys?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
That many is unrealistic.

We strive for realism.

Do.Somet'ing.About.It.
So you suggest we don't accept new signups then, just so Marc doesn't have anything to complain about?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jamee999 said:

We strive for realism.

Do.Something.About.It.
That's a brilliant suggestion Jamee. Seeing as we're not allowed to have new signups anymore, given your fantastic observation, we'll just have the Dev League with 30odd players and cut it to 2 teams. Woohoo! Good times ahead!

Every player has to start somewhere...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
So you suggest we don't accept new signups then, just so Marc doesn't have anything to complain about?
No (that would be silly)

You can't deny that there are an unrealistic amount of new players though?

The rookies/2nd years:3+ years ratio is not realistic.

We prepare to stage matchfixing trials.

We have Rebel Tours.

We make it realistic.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jamee999 said:
No (that would be silly)

You can't deny that there are an unrealistic amount of new players though?

We prepare to stage matchfixing trials.

We have Rebel Tours.

We make it realistic.

The fact is that everyone was a rookie once, and without the large number of signups in the last couple of seasons, the Dev League would be dead now. This, especially considering the rate on inactivity with 5+ players going out each season. If you can find away to make new signups anything other than rookies, then we'll talk.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The fact is that everyone was a rookie once, and without the large number of signups in the last couple of seasons, the Dev League would be dead now. This, especially considering the rate on inactivity with 5+ players going out each season. If you can find away to make new signups anything other than rookies, then we'll talk.
Who's job is it to run the show (and thus make up new rules)?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jamee999 said:
Who's job is it to run the show (and thus make up new rules)?
Yes well I would make some fancy new decree to deal with your problem, but that would be nonsensical and stupid. I don't like to venture down those paths.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:

We strive for realism.

Do.Something.About.It.
Jamee, if you came in this season and promptly got stuck on the bench for 20 games before you weren't good enough and needed experience to get better, I think you'd quit.

A word for Liam here - I don't know how he has the stamina to keep working on the CW XI. People are pushing home the same repetitive point and he keeps defying it, and yet people rabbit on. It is tiresome, it is pointless, and this jealousy really doesn't bring CW forward in any way.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Jamee, if you came in this season and promptly got stuck on the bench for 20 games before you weren't good enough and needed experience to get better, I think you'd quit.

A word for Liam here - I don't know how he has the stamina to keep working on the CW XI. People are pushing home the same repetitive point and he keeps defying it, and yet people rabbit on. It is tiresome, it is pointless, and this jealousy really doesn't bring CW forward in any way.
Maybe it is jealousy.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well said, and not the first to make the point either.