• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Flem274*

123/5
one thing i love about rugby is both teams can refuse to end the game if they try hard enough.

makes up for scrum resets and crusaders rolling maul peel offs over the try line.

ripper868

International Coach
Having calmed down a little after half screaming at my screen in the wee sunday AM hours...thoughts on a non neutral ref? Being aussie i obviously think we got the bad end of the pineapple on a few calls - eg savea turnover at 84 mins from the side etc (when Tupou had been done 3 previous times), Aaron Smith not being pinged for refusing to put the ball in, Aus being penalised for capitualting at a scrum though not winning a penalty for NZ capitulating at literally 1 scrum earlier, the 30m advantages for NZ vs the short knock on 'advantage over' after ball is stripped inside the 22 suring over time...course Im biased but think the ref let a bit too much go and wasnt that consistent.

That said, great game lf rugby, Harry Wilson is hopefully going to continue like this way for many years, though fear a french club will offer stupid money to good to turn down, just like with Gill.

Flem274*

123/5
bridge is out and bb still in doubt. jordan held back from release to the tasman accountancy firm.

sucks for bridge but i think clarke is a lot better so eh.

everyone has a player they insist is a myth no matter what and will 'budget george bridge' jordan is mine so i want him to get some game time so i can put my ego on the line.

ripper868

International Coach
Caleb Clarke needs a rich french contract that precludes him from All Black selection and fast. He looks properly scary

James

Cricket Web Owner
Love my All Blacks, but disappointed again in the selections for this weekend. Players in key positions again out of position, and that All Blacks tight-five is probably one of the weakest in our history. God help us if that's the pack when we eventually play South Africa and England again.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Love my All Blacks, but disappointed again in the selections for this weekend. Players in key positions again out of position, and that All Blacks tight-five is probably one of the weakest in our history. God help us if that's the pack when we eventually play South Africa and England again.
That tight 5 is terrible. Joe Moody is excellent, but the rest have question marks over them.
As well as Eng and SA I'm also scared about a young and improving French side.

Flem274*

123/5
ive always rated vaa'i and at his age he's hopefully only going to get better. tuipolotu is also massively improved. that's not bad given retallick and whitelock are both out.

the front row...is fine. it's not world class, but plenty of all black front rows outside the wc dominance period have been mid-table. we have 4 years to sort it. hopefully we don't repeat the mistake from 2019 and leave our best scrummagers out in favour of more mobile front rowers.

the backline is a mess imo. goodhue and ALB should be swapped and a 10 at 15. jordie on the wing i can come round to, even though he's better at 15.

Spark

Global Moderator
Horrible defensive effort at the start of the 2nd half here. Missed more tackles than they've made.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol Australian rugby. Was. Is. Always (save one decent decade) a joke and the poor cousin of every other national sporting code.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More than one decent decade - Australia was excellent for about 25 years (1980-2005)
no they weren’t. You don’t win the occasional match or series against the best opposition and be “excellent for 25 years.” They were great between 91 and 02. It was like the Windiesin the 80s - we fouled a group of great players all at once then reverted to mediocrity

Flem274*

123/5
pocock calls it a day. rugby australias greatest weapon against burgeys narrative of aus union players as people. great player, great human.