• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Niall

International Coach
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47408903

Interesting rugby proposals to say the least. I do wish the people behind it stfu about developing the game etc, this is to prop up the likes of SANZAAR nations finances. Terrible for Georgia and the Islands and can't see the players been keen with this schedule.

Why are Australia in such poor financial rugby shape? Not exactly a third world nation and the game is pretty popular their surely?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47408903

Interesting rugby proposals to say the least. I do wish the people behind it stfu about developing the game etc, this is to prop up the likes of SANZAAR nations finances. Terrible for Georgia and the Islands and can't see the players been keen with this schedule.

Why are Australia in such poor financial rugby shape? Not exactly a third world nation and the game is pretty popular their surely?
Game is dying here due to mismanagement & risk of serious injuries to young players

Niall

International Coach
Ireland have been a rabble this six nations, they needed a reality check obviously, but 2nd fav with the bookies to win the world cup? No thanks.

Wales have been great all campaign, okish world cup draw and with Gatland in charge arguably as good chance as anyone not names NZ to win it.

Niall

International Coach
Glad I turned this off at half time because it was obvious England would win by loads.

Just seen the score, ****ing hell.:mellow:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What the actual **** was that?! Thank God Wales won because that would've been embarrassing.

How do you chuck away a 31 point lead?!?

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Pathetic from England in the 2nd half, worrying actually! Our defence was penetrated far too easily, and Scotland will feel like they missed out there given they were all over england in the 2nd half

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably England, still. Wales have an awesome defence but that'll only take you so far.

NZ's to lose
You're more confident about NZ than I. I'm worried that we were utterly beaten up in the forwards 3 times last season, 2 in losses (vs. SA & Ireland) and 1 in the narrow win vs. England. Since then the 4 home nations seem even stronger again at the end of their season.

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
I worry Hansen & co already have their squad already picked and arent't really placing much weight on this years super rugby.

The only guaranteed starters should be Whitelock, Retallick, Read, Beauden Barrett, Ben Smith, and Ioane.

McKenzie, Jordie Barrett, and SBW shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XV.

Heboric

International Debutant
ffs, people in the Western Cape deserve better than that ****** Stormers team
For all the support they get

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Folau likely to be sacked

I know that he’s a religious nut but he must have known that this wasn’t going to end well

NRL or overseas rugby for a fortune is my bet

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon there'd be a number of players in the Aussie team who probably wouldn't be comfortable playing on the same side as someone who frequently aired those opinions.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Folau likely to be sacked

I know that he’s a religious nut but he must have known that this wasn’t going to end well

NRL or overseas rugby for a fortune is my bet
Have to wonder whether it was premeditated to force a move out to the NRL or French rugby. You wouldn't have thought so with the RWC around the corner, but you never know....