• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The Springbok rugby team is a true joke at the moment... surprising that we managed to beat Italy last weekend.

At least our 7's team still doing well in Dubai.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Springbok rugby is just atrocious at the moment, in particular our ball handling and skills are shocking.....
... except the Blitzbokke continue to do well, show some amazing skills.

And I can't reconcile the two except I think that the Blitzbokke are just left to get on with it; while the 15 man stuff has so much internal and external politics that nobody just concentrates and does the best for the future of rugby in SA.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Springbok rugby is just atrocious at the moment, in particular our ball handling and skills are shocking.....
... except the Blitzbokke continue to do well, show some amazing skills.
That's what's so frustrating. The Blitzbokke are proof that the skills are there, so surely there must be some way of getting those skills into the 15 man game. If we could somehow combine those sorts of skills with our set piece strengths (about the only thing for which it can be said the 15 man team is still doing right) we'd be tough to beat.

And I can't reconcile the two except I think that the Blitzbokke are just left to get on with it; while the 15 man stuff has so much internal and external politics that nobody just concentrates and does the best for the future of rugby in SA.
Apart from the off season (which is when the Blitzbokke start popping up in the Currie Cup), I think they spend pretty much all their time training together, so that creates a much more cohesive unit rather than trying to weld a team together from individual sides who play differently. That, and they have a coach who knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah another slip like that and it’ll all be posts about Rugby, Warwickshire.

I have some deeply strong opinions about the direction the Rugby Borough Council is taking the community and I doubt I’d be able to resist.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah another slip like that and it’ll all be posts about Rugby, Warwickshire.

I have some deeply strong opinions about the direction the Rugby Borough Council is taking the community and I doubt I’d be able to resist.
I'm not surprised.

If you'd like to contribute to a good cause this Christmas, come along to the Rugby Visitor Centre on Saturday's and Sundays in December to get your presents wrapped. For a minimum £1 per present wrapped, all donations will be given to Rugby Foodbank. Residents can also drop off donations of food at a collection point at the Visitor Centre.
You've long been anti-christmas

Howe_zat

Audio File
On topic, I just watched a genuinely hilarious match in which this year's worst Welsh team just piled 40 points on Northampton at home while the referee sent off half of each side. I expected Tigers to get belted next but there's no possible way they can perform as badly as that.

ripper868

International Coach
Double win for the Aussie 7's at the weekend. Brilliant result, who cares about the 15 a side game! Hopefully that form carried over 3 months to the comm games.

Oh and if anyone missed it, Ed Jenkins, Stalwart of Aussie 7's has been forced to retire due to ongoing shoulder issues.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There has been a lot of hype concerning Scotland for this Six Nations recently. Seems they believe this is their time!

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Scotland, a nation built upon perpetual sporting failure - even Murray is buggered right now.

Very exciting end to the Ireland match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was hoping Best and Henderson would each break both their legs but I guess that was alright too.