• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Philippine Volcanoes are going to the Hong Kong 7s. :)

Volcanoes get invite to HK 7s rugby tourney | ABS-CBN News

Official invitation received and accepted. A huge moment for a team that barely existed 3 years ago and is growing and improving by the week. A chance to play with the big boys and hopefully cause an upset or two.

In other news, the rugby season starts tomorrow and the team we play has an all national team back line. Will be tough.
Great news mate! Good luck with the upcoming season, my own comeback has been put on further ice due to dodgy knee. Schpewin.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great news mate! Good luck with the upcoming season, my own comeback has been put on further ice due to dodgy knee. Schpewin.
1st game back went very badly. 1st game back after the head being rebuilt and I was not medically cleared to play. Thrown straight back against a 17st Tongan who was bigger, quicker and 10 years younger than me. I missed a few one-on-ones

ripper868

International Coach

Similar?

I'm sure the season will improve mate, look after that noggin of yours though, you can't run without a head!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lynagh hospitalised

From the BBC.

Early reports he's suffered a stroke. :( Thoughts with him and his family. Great player and an even better bloke; absolute sweetheart and a class act. Hope he makes a full and complete recovery.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From the BBC.

Early reports he's suffered a stroke. :( Thoughts with him and his family. Great player and an even better bloke; absolute sweetheart and a class act. Hope he makes a full and complete recovery.
Words cant describe

My 6yo has a signed jersey above his bed from a family lunch a couple of months ago

Lovely guy

ripper868

International Coach
I was 5 when he scored the try gainst Ireland in the quarters of 91. Have been lucky enough to meet the bloke a couple of ties and is a standup gentleman/bloke all in one. Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

ripper868

International Coach
Fantastic news for Lynagh.

Great news for Phillipines as well. Goughy, single-handedly building a rugby empire.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Incidentally, top poaching from Oz to slap a cap on (North Harbour's) Mick Harris. He's been in Australia, what, 18 months?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell. Scotland have a pen to win it. :-O

Will be the last kick too. & Laidlaw nails it. :cool:

****house scrum costs Australia non-shocker.

social

Serves Oz right for not paying them any respect whatsoever

And now they're backing up in 4 days to play Wales :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slipper's well named, isn't he? Goes to grass almost as easily as Collapsing Al did.

Not sure what purposes these squeezed-in tests serve, either. Devalues the currency. Didn't the Wallabies go down to Samoa before the world cup with a similar pick'n'mix kinda line-up too?

social

Slipper's well named, isn't he? Goes to grass almost as easily as Collapsing Al did.

Not sure what purposes these squeezed-in tests serve, either. Devalues the currency. Didn't the Wallabies go down to Samoa before the world cup with a similar pick'n'mix kinda line-up too?
Bit different to this one tbf

Aussies were deserved losers against Samoa despite being arguably under-cooked

However, they did have a reasonable preparation

The scheduling of this game was ridiculous and the Wallablies/ARU got what they deserved - loss in front of a tiny crowd on a ****ty night

Anyway, many years ago, a coach ranted to my team that "you've just been beaten by the worst team in the comp & that makes you the worst team in the comp!" (expletives deleted for the sake of the feint hearted)

IMO, that sums up how the Wallabies should be feeling right now

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
We dropped ourselves to Scotlands level and they beat us with experience.

Nah, credit to Scotland, their defence was immense.

Wallabies to win The 4 nations thingo :ph34r: