• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What game were you watching?
We could play France and Brazil 100 times and we would lose 100 times

The Argentinians are obviously incredibly skilled but they have no firepower apart from Messi and that’s why we were in it until the end

ripper868

International Coach
This game has played out kind of like a top 5 team vs a bottom 5 team on any given league day. no controversy, no intrigue, just the better team winning.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Saka over Rashford seems to be unpopular, but picking based entirely on the previous game would probably gather just as much criticism.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Damn this Mbappe guy. Crazy goals. I haven't watched much in my life but there was no way I thought that goal would go in with the number of people around him.

Crazy to see first hand the talent differential between US and the top teams. Truly it's the difference between like College football and NFL in terms of speed and skill.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Saka over Rashford seems to be unpopular, but picking based entirely on the previous game would probably gather just as much criticism.
Yup, there are those who will criticise Southgate whatever he does. tbf Lineker doesn't come into that category, even if he thinks Rashford should have played today. But as others have said, it's not just about the starting XI nowadays. Interesting that Sterling is absent due to family matters. Obviously I wish his family well, but I'm not sorry that he isn't playing.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah can't be about being popular. Rashford is a lovely lad but he's not as good as the two wingers picked. Not sure I'd pick him ahead of Grealish or Sterling either.