• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That slog sweep brings a tear to the eye. Literally. See Taylor furiously patting the irrelevant centre of the pitch with his bat afterwards to distract himself.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ celebrating Rossco's career with a real 2016 effort at finishing off an innings from a great platform.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rescued by Durg, Latham & Sodhi.

Doubt Netherlands batting will be capable of making a game of this.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Myburgh's final international appearance today as well.

As for Ross, his international career started pretty much when I returned to NZ - his ODI debut was about 6 weeks after I got back, and one of the first things I did on arrival was to watch a FC match at the Basin where Taylor and Ryder were the standout batsmen. Really does feel like the end of an era to me. Such a shame I couldn't get to either Hamilton for this or Christchurch for his final Test. Have a great retirement, Ross!

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Nice little goodbye to internationals from Myburgh. Would be cool if they can capitalise on this start.

What’s NZ’s ideal bowling combination for the SC world cup? Obviously Boult Ferguson and Santner are first choice, but after that it’s a bit uncertain IMO. Henry and Jamieson seem quite hittable for Indian conditions, Sodhi will obviously be there but still less than reliable. M Bracewell and Rippon will probably come into the frame. Unthinkable this would have been in 2019, but based on his T20 resurgence looks like Southee will be much needed.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Nice little goodbye to internationals from Myburgh. Would be cool if they can capitalise on this start.

What’s NZ’s ideal bowling combination for the SC world cup? Obviously Boult Ferguson and Santner are first choice, but after that it’s a bit uncertain IMO. Henry and Jamieson seem quite hittable for Indian conditions, Sodhi will obviously be there but still less than reliable. M Bracewell and Rippon will probably come into the frame. Unthinkable this would have been in 2019, but based on his T20 resurgence looks like Southee will be much needed.
Lockie is our best white ball bowler atm, he will be crucial...doin very well in the IPL year after year

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite a lot of the good ones who'd want the spirits and demeanour of their wives, daughters or sons to be slightly more upbeat than they see in an Amelia Kerr or Ben Sears do tend to abruptly leave the NZ cricket scene.

Heinrich Malan possibly the latest one of those. Maybe he'll return one day.