• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

jcas0167

International Debutant
Interesting interview with O'Dowd whose dad used to play for Auckland. Jamie Siddons would love that high backlift.

thundaboult

International Debutant
jams second over : first ball: wait a minute did jamieson just bowl the first one at 145.3 ? the sun must be getting in my eyes too lol....and now this third ball of the second at 142.3 i can def confirm...hmmm

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Just catching up. Forgot this was one. Wow. You'd say Dutchies are cruising it, if you thought this was a standard batting line up.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Heh. M Bracewell did bowl really nicely tbf.

NZ should play every match against non-SC opponents on this spinny Seddon park pitch (it's not every pitch at Seddon, just sometimes when conditions are right). Might rely on Latham to score all our runs but would be fun.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
jams second over : first ball: wait a minute did jamieson just bowl the first one at 145.3 ? the sun must be getting in my eyes too lol....and now this third ball of the second at 142.3 i can def confirm...hmmm
I've been watching the replay on SS and they put up the attached graphic to show his top speed, slowest and average speed.

Attachments

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Good to know that the upcoming mainstays have a decent average ball speed, a must have at intl level
In the back end of his spell, Jamo, was using a lot of variations, in particular slower deliveries. He got down to about 110ks.

His last wicked, was a leg cutter that went in with the arm and took out the stumps.

He seems to be using this series to test himself in terms of adding some pace and adding new slower ball variations.

Good on him.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Whoah, I don't recall Jamieson bowling over about 135.
I was watching his run up and he was coming in from the top of the circle and running in with a lot more energy. Most deliveries, you could hear the effort he was putting in, sort of like a tennis player when they hit the ball.

He was getting some amazing carry off the pitch.

He's publically stated that he wants to add some more pace, perhaps we are seeing him bringing that into a game situation.

Flem274*

123/5
Pace is good but I want his outswinger back. Moving the ball both ways getting vicious bounce from a full length made him the bowler of the year. 145kph not moving or threatening the stumps just makes him budget Brett Lee.

Also gg Latham and Doug. 200 was always too much for the Netherlands current batting, even though we bowled a bit loose.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like Latham played a blinder when things were threatening to get embarrassing. Great to see, though we’re slowly getting back to the days of a shaky top order with Kane and Conway not always available, Ross on his way out and Guptill not looking like he has much left either. Looks like MG Bracewell is putting in a good audition for upcoming whiteball squads.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Pace is good but I want his outswinger back. Moving the ball both ways getting vicious bounce from a full length made him the bowler of the year. 145kph not moving or threatening the stumps just makes him budget Brett Lee.

Also gg Latham and Doug. 200 was always too much for the Netherlands current batting, even though we bowled a bit loose.
How much of his bowling did you watch? Several deliveries with absolute brutes. Searing bounce, movement off the seam.

What he's trying to do is a work in progress.

Flem274*

123/5
How much of his bowling did you watch? Several deliveries with absolute brutes. Searing bounce, movement off the seam.

What he's trying to do is a work in progress.
In passing tbh. We had the warriors on the main screen.

I'm not saying him learning new things is bad (it's good) but this summer he looked like Jacob Oram without his outswinger imo.

thundaboult

International Debutant
yeah looking at the bigger picture, its awesome if jamo has more to work with such as having the capacity to bowl quicker...he's got the other skills but having more pace....all for it