• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a moment to sum up New Zealand's summer:

On the official NZC Youtube page, the highlights they posted of Ross Taylor's final ODI, they did not show a single ball of his innings. They did not show him walking out for the last time. They did not show him getting out. They did not show the ovation as he walked off.

I know I piss on about this stuff but that is ****ing abysmal.

thundaboult

International Debutant
that nzc youtube page has been consistently s***ting the bed for 2 years now....despite the consistent backlash in the comments section....they continue with the horrendous highlights....2 friggin years

thundaboult

International Debutant
Still think thats his best ever ODI innings.... watched it live and it was pure brutality....I think we scored some 102 runs in the last six or something ludacris like that...mesmerizing numbers

oh and a rare southeeball over 140ks there....time flies

Meridio

International Regular

On the official NZC Youtube page, the highlights they posted of Ross Taylor's final ODI, they did not show a single ball of his innings. They did not show him walking out for the last time. They did not show him getting out. They did not show the ovation as he walked off.

Yep. And the Spark Sport highlights for the Women's World Cup were abysmal as well. Australia had a 160 run opening partnership and they showed, from memory, one shot of that. Healy hit 170 and they maybe had six shots of that entire innings. And in the game between India and South Africa they didn't even show the no ball kerfuffle. Went from SA needed 70-odd and looking completely out of it, to them needing 7 off the last or whatever it was, then the final ball. So bad.

Flem274*

123/5

meanwhile someone was cutting onions in my kitchen this morning while i watched a video on facebook of The Boss tearing up during our anthem.

Howsie

International Captain

Yep, New Zealand definitely have the worst highlights package going around.

For those that are interested, Amazon Prime India also put up highlights of NZ games and they’re double the size in length, definitely much better.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Still think thats his best ever ODI innings.... watched it live and it was pure brutality....I think we scored some 102 runs in the last six or something ludacris like that...mesmerizing numbers

oh and a rare southeeball over 140ks there....time flies
I reckon there's a few candidates - obviously the 180 v England had even more ridiculous brutality, the ton in 2007 when we smoked Australia 3-0, and there's a bunch more that were high class without being significantly memorable.

Looking at how he was cooked basically for the last 2 years, I reckon it gives a bit more significance to his knock in the WTC final. His performances have been trailing off basically since the 80 in Perth in late 2019 (which was a slog fest in itself). But he steeled himself to score that 47* in bloody tough conditions, when it's fairly unlikely anyone else would have done it. Guess that's what champions do.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon there's a few candidates - obviously the 180 v England had even more ridiculous brutality, the ton in 2007 when we smoked Australia 3-0, and there's a bunch more that were high class without being significantly memorable.
In terms of significant innings in a significant game, his 74 against India in the 2019 WC semi has to be right up there. Held together a rickety batting lineup on a tricky pitch for just long enough to set a winning total. Was made all the sweeter by Howsie loudly chuntering about how he'd lost us the game after the end of the first day.

Howsie

International Captain
Considering there was no play whatsoever on the first day…. Definitely never thought of Taylor as God you’re right though.