• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's completely fair. Just think the easiest way to quantify the better team in a situation like this is to see who dominated/performed better for longer stretches of the series.
With this logic Aus won the 2009 Ashes by a landslide

Shady Slim

International Coach
In all seriousness do you think street will outperform hunt at test level? I'm a qlder and love street to bit's but hunt seems like the superior opener of the two (if only slightly).
tbh i can't offer you a genuine preference between the two, however, i reckon that both can outdo warner on the land of the old enemy

we rightly do horses for courses for bowlers and it's beyond time we do for batsmen too

TheJediBrah

If I'm being super duper serial, I think it will be a close series. Not like every time in Aus lately.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

There was much said about McCullum's "innovative" captaincy and aggression before the the 3 match series in Aus and Australia halted it in it's tracks pretty well. That said it would be pretty funny to see Cummins and Hazlewood get carted. Don't see it happening tbf. They could easily maul Starc tho.

The tons also took him to 28 for his career and above both Smith (27) and Virat Kohli's 27 on the all-time hundreds charts, with Smith eager to point out the former England captain has had more time to do so.

“He's played a few [35] more tests than me as well!” Smith said.
heh

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thing is the only time I can think that Cummings, Hazlewood et al have realy let the wheels totaly fall off is when the batting side has come at them hard......Stokes Headingly, Pant Brisbane (?) eg

Not convinced it will always come off against that quality of attack but imo would seem a legitimate approach?

Flem274*

123/5
Thing is the only time I can think that Cummings, Hazlewood et al have realy let the wheels totaly fall off is when the batting side has come at them hard......Stokes Headingly, Pant Brisbane (?) eg

Not convinced it will always come off against that quality of attack but imo would seem a legitimate approach?
yep. the australians love hitting the deck hard in the corridor all day, and if you let them you will lose bar one or two guys with fantastic defensive games (pujara).

one of my frustrations with our last tour there was under lights KW and Taylor played really well and quite positively for the conditions, then the next morning and for the rest of the tour everyone attempted to grind until the inevitable happened.

TheJediBrah

There was much said about McCullum's "innovative" captaincy and aggression before the the 3 match series in Aus and Australia halted it in it's tracks pretty well. That said it would be pretty funny to see Cummins and Hazlewood get carted. Don't see it happening tbf. They could easily maul Starc tho.
I don't think McCullum is qualified in mauling Starc tbh

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Lyon tends to fall apart from when attacked I feel

He's bowled some really ordinary spells in Australia recently

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It wasn't so long ago Root getting to 50 odd and not going on with it was a meme. It's a pretty fraught exercise to bag players of the quality of these fellas.
I hope its true esp. for Virat as I feel the amount of unjustified vile tripe he is receiving even from some here in CW is amazing. Also, it does seem to be that we are in the middle of a bowling era so we have to temper our expectations on what "greatness" is for batsmen as well.