• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
2-2 and a draw where England were the more likely side to win though…
Where they? Australia dominated more of the 1st, the second test was pretty even until halfway through England's second innings and even then the draw was more likely until marnus got out. Australia dominated more of the 3rd test and all of the 4th test and England where the Better side in the 5th test (wasn't as dominate as the 4th test).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Where they? Australia dominated more of the 1st, the second test was pretty even until halfway through England's second innings and even then the draw was more likely until marnus got out. Australia dominated more of the 3rd test and all of the 4th test and England where the Better side in the 5th test (wasn't as dominate as the 4th test).
Dominating x% of a Test is largely irrelevant if you lose though. Oz were 6 down when play ended at Lords. So granted it wasn’t a 9 down nail biter and Head was relatively comfortable but England were the only side that looked like winning on that last day.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He doesn't bowl much anymore but the way England will hack away with their eyes closed, Baz first over of the WC final style, I could see this happening
Yeah he might get one over and get someone caught in the deep as England approach 600.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FMD the carnage Boland will wreak in English conditions. They couldn't play him on flat decks here. It'll be handy for him to come in at 3-0 up for the 4th test and make hay again.
I will admit I was concerned about this before bit nah he is just repeatedly getting hit straight back over his head.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dominating x% of a Test is largely irrelevant if you lose though. Oz were 6 down when play ended at Lords. So granted it wasn’t a 9 down nail biter and Head was relatively comfortable but England were the only side that looked like winning on that last day.
I will accept mine that via my own logic you can argue that Oz were the only side who looked like winning at Headingley after lunch on that last day until, well…

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia didn't lose though? The match was a draw, and the only time aus looked like losing was just before marnus came to the crease and after that little burst where we lost 2 wickets after marnus. If dominating % of a test doesn't matter then the series was a 2-2 draw and neither of us are right, the teams where completely even.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia didn't lose though? The match was a draw, and the only time aus looked like losing was just before marnus came to the crease and after that little burst where we lost 2 wickets after marnus. If dominating % of a test doesn't matter then the series was a 2-2 draw and neither of us are right, the teams where completely even.
I agree partially and did acknowledge this in my subsequent post. But looking like winning a Test you lose makes the early domination irrelevant. The fact we will never know what would have happened at Lord’s makes it fair enough to write it off though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Remember that time the football team were 3-0 up before losing 4-3 and so everyone agreed they were the better side in that game

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree partially and did acknowledge this in my subsequent post. But looking like winning a Test you lose makes the early domination irrelevant. The fact we will never know what would have happened at Lord’s makes it fair enough to write it off though.
That's completely fair. Just think the easiest way to quantify the better team in a situation like this is to see who dominated/performed better for longer stretches of the series.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Lets do predictions

Result - Aust 4 - 0 (obvious crap weather ensuring a draw)
Most runs - Usman
Most wickets - Cu m
Biggest Failure - Bairstow/ Root
Surprise package - Baz/Stokes to get sacked at the end of the tour as coach and captain respectively
Wishful thinking. Bazball will scare the aussies and i believe its already having an impact. We will win 3-0