• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2022 World Cup

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Brazil v Argentina abandoned shortly after kick off because two Argentina players should have been isolating. The full story isn’t out yet but it sounds farcical.
From what I've heard the UK-based players were supposed to self-isolate, it seems that news has caught out Argentina and reportedly they did not want to restart

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good win for yer Sweaties in Vienna tonight.

With Denmark spanking the Israelis they're suddenly looking a decent shout for a playoff spot.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mali vs. Kenya happening in Morocco for reasons I do not yet know (probably security). We go into it with a brand new foreign coach on a 2 month contract.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
For Scotland's match against Israel at Hampden on Saturday fans are being asked to bring proof of vaccination. But if they're spot checked and not carrying any proof they'll be allowed in anyway. I'm sure there's a flaw in that system but I can't quite put my finger on it. :cheers:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
For Scotland's match against Israel at Hampden on Saturday fans are being asked to bring proof of vaccination. But if they're spot checked and not carrying any proof they'll be allowed in anyway. I'm sure there's a flaw in that system but I can't quite put my finger on it. :cheers:
Football has stuck two fingers up at the government regarding this scheme, which has been good to see. Vaccine passports were supposed to come in on the 1st but there's been a grace period until the 18th because they've made an arse of implementing it, so football collectively has just gone 'we're not going to bother checking then.'

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus building a very decent record in qualifying so far. 11 on the bounce and all away. If they can beat Japan on Tuesday they’ll be very short odds of getting through.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Move to Asia definitely seems a net positive for Aus
Putting aside the chances of qualifying, Asia is much better for development

Oceania basically involved a series of games against Faroe Islands B before a playoff against Argentina

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When the number of teams is expanded to 48 in 2026 Oceania will be getting an automatic spot, so Australia might decide to re-relocate.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
England chucking out another second string team with Trippier as captain.

1 Johnstone
2 Trippier
5 Stones
6 Coady
3 Chilwell
8 Foden
4 Ward-Prowse
10 Lingard
7 Saka
9 Abraham
11 Sancho