• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought you guys had a pretty decent prep for the last series? Although funnily enough, that tour came after a T20 World Cup, which wasn't ideal either.

I'm all for better preparation for Test tours, and I'm also hugely in favour of splitting Test and ODI commitments for major tours. I'm not moaning about England's itinerary for the first 2 months of our tour in the slightest - merely countering the nonsense being spouted in this thread.

When India come here and get thrashed in summer, I wonder how many of the 'no excuses' brigade will all of a sudden point to their players being tired?
You can start with trying to win a series for the first time in a decade and a half. Walk before running and all that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't bite Furball's antagonising posts vcs. Not worth it at all, and you're better than that :)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't bite Furball's antagonising posts vcs. Not worth it at all, and you're better than that :)
Meh, just stating a fact. Somewhat ironic that he was calling Indian fans arrogant. :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Give over. You know what his point is; India's players probably WILL be tired by the end of the English summer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha no, he was trying to antagonise by saying we'll get thrashed. That's fine, but call it what it is.

I do agree with Furball that England have been tired, and India will be by the time the series starts.

They're professionals though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha no, he was trying to antagonise by saying we'll get thrashed. That's fine, but call it what it is.

I do agree with Furball that England have been tired, and India will be by the time the series starts.

They're professionals though.
I don't really agree; he's said plenty of times he thinks we'll smash you. But even if he is trying to antagonise, his point about the tiredness is a valid one.

It'll be 4-0 to the good guys (us) btw and I'm gonna punch you in the face

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Firstly, I agree that the players will be tired. And I agree that England have been tired. Defended you blokes all tournament on that point.

Secondly, you know you really want to catch up with me in England when I'm there for the series and grab some curry with me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And if India lose 4-0 with me flying all the way to watch them (and visit England of course :ph34r: ) there will be hell to pay.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Firstly, I agree that the players will be tired. And I agree that England have been tired. Defended you blokes all tournament on that point.

Secondly, you know you really want to catch up with me in England when I'm there for the series and grab some curry with me.
Sorry I'm washing my hair

Nah lol, fb me for the good times :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah please feel free to wash your hair before meeting me. In fact wash it twice.

Not used to the odour of you lot. :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Point taken, should have said 'if' not 'when.' I'll blame that on me being half asleep.

FTR I reckon we'll win 3-1 though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll be there on Day 4. Would be shattering to see us lose but I'd take a Swanneh 10-fer tbh. :cool: