• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not to mention the '92 team were a really good team. They only suffer by comparison.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, dont think Australia have a hope in hell on any pitch that isnt an out and out seamer's paradise. Easily the worst Australia team I've seen in any world cup and yes, even worse than the one from 1992.
Given that India has a lot of passengers in its side, they're no great shakes either

Fortunately for them, the standard of the teams in this wc is very average and whether Oz is better or worse than the 1992 team is largely irrelevant

tooextracool

International Coach
At the end of the day it is a ODI game and there is never anything that can be said with certainty regarding an ODI result. However, whilst India's lower middle order has struggled this tournament, its still far superior to the Australian side that collapsed to 176 against Pakistan.They aren't equipped for the bowlers for these conditions, their planning has been close to nil for this world cup, there is little attempt to innovate by their captain/coaching staff and their batting is over-reliant upon Watson and Clarke. Its a recipe for disaster Im afraid, quite honestly with the exception of NZ I expect every side to be able to put them away 9/10 times.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ravi Rampaul just took 5 against India!
But he bowled very well. Better than any of the Australian fast bowlers have bowled all tournament bar Lee vs. Pakistan.

The name of the player is irrelevant, it's what they bowled. Australia will be pleased if one of their bowlers can bowl like Rampaul did last night.

Plus I doubt they'll get a pitch with the same level of bounce that Chennai provided in Ahmedebad.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AWTA. The arrogance displayed by the Aus and India fans in this forum is quite frankly disgusting. This WC is NOT Aus v India!! There are other teams in this contest with just as good, if not better, chances to win this. :dry:
That was one poster who said that silly comment. Most Australians in particular have downplayed their chances in this World Cup if anything.

Top_Cat

Think both teams are a bit vulnerable to that one good burst with the ball or bat, both a bit collapsy.

Burgey

That was one poster who said that silly comment. Most Australians in particular have downplayed their chances in this World Cup if anything.
Backing themselves for this one though.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be too hurt if we lost the semi, provided we had the unadulerated joy of booting India at home.

tooextracool

International Coach
Australia really havent done themselves any favors by not giving players like Ferguson or even Hasting's a chance this tournament. They can blame the scheduling and rain all they want, but its been poor planning on their part and they are basically going into the knock out game with no choice but to stick with the XI that ****ed up against Pakistan. Did Watson, Clarke or Haddin really need to play against Canada?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Backing themselves for this one though.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be too hurt if we lost the semi, provided we had the unadulerated joy of booting India at home.
We should just forfeit the semis once we beat India. After all, we're a bit over winning world cups too

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It is an awful rat tail. Was worse during the South African test series. Was thoroughly disappointed when I first saw it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
When I next get a trim I'm going to ask the barber for a 'Zaheer Khan'. Hopefully he'll have the blonde dye on standby too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blonde tips are woeful too, but if it is the sacrifice for him shortening the rat tail, I'm willing to accept it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia really havent done themselves any favors by not giving players like Ferguson or even Hasting's a chance this tournament. They can blame the scheduling and rain all they want, but its been poor planning on their part and they are basically going into the knock out game with no choice but to stick with the XI that ****ed up against Pakistan. Did Watson, Clarke or Haddin really need to play against Canada?
Welcome to the wacky world of Australian selction policy

Pick the same team that you decided upon before the series started regardless of conditions, form etc

Blaze 18

Banned
Australia are definitely favourites to win this (and I promise this isn't an anti-jinx or whatever). Facing Australia in a knockout match is akin to trying to stay calm whilst watching Megan Fox bathe. Very, very difficult. I believe the last time India beat Australia in a knockout game was way back in 2000 (the Champions trophy match where Yuvraj scored eighty-four).