• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Is it to early to start a tribute thread for Tendulkar's ODI career or do I need to wait until Friday morning?

Quaggas

State Captain
Still not a fan of the idea that after this game, one of India and Australia will be out. Silly format it is.
Eh? Best thing IMO.

Next WC, same format, but w/ added rule: "Should, as a result of group stage play, India and Australia meet in the QFs, a coin toss shall decide which of their higher placed group stage opponents is demoted until aforesaid QF is no longer realized." :ph34r:

Edit: Or what Slugger said....

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Is it to early to start a tribute thread for Tendulkar's ODI career or do I need to wait until Friday morning?
How do you know already that the finals of the 2015 WC are on a Friday. And on that Friday, do you think he'll be tempted to go in for a 3-peat?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
How do you know already that the finals of the 2015 WC are on a Friday. And on that Friday, do you think he'll be tempted to go in for a 3-peat?
You've got it all mixed up. This Thursday is his last ODI match

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Australia are to win, we need to try something different.

• Unless we are 1/160 after 25, I would send Mitchell Johnson in at #3 to pinch-hit. If Mitch fails, send Cam White in @ 4 and tell him to hit out or get out. White will never regain form trying to bat like Clarke or Bevan. Can't see us chasing or defending 280 against the Indians.
  • Fine each bowler $1,000 for every wide they bowl. $2,500 for a no ball. Donate the money to a worthy charity.
  • Drop Smith and play Dussey. Sorry, but the Windies didn't win anything because of Roger Harper.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can't see us chasing 280 given our chasing form and the Indians' record in defending big totals recently? ITSTL.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see us chasing 280 given our chasing form and the Indians' record in defending big totals recently? ITSTL.
Irrespective of that, in a game like this, I'd rather be defending 280 than chasing something like that.. the crowd really lifts the Indian team if they take a wicket, even when the batting side is cruising it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm a bit pissed that Australia lost against Pakistan. I have tickets to Wicked on Thursday night.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Irrespective of that, in a game like this, I'd rather be defending 280 than chasing something like that.. the crowd really lifts the Indian team if they take a wicket, even when the batting side is cruising it.
Too true. Tendulkar and Kohli aside I don't back any of our batsmen chasing a 200+ total. So hopefully we bat first. If we end up chasing It's probably gonna be "Tendulkar out India out".. I can see it coming.

tooextracool

International Coach
Depends on the pitch. Ahmedabad is a slow turning pitch on which 280 is not only an excellent score but the Indian bowlers are quite good in those conditions. Your lot couldnt even manage 280 against zimbabwe on the same pitch so good luck with 280.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends on the pitch. Ahmedabad is a slow turning pitch on which 280 is not only an excellent score but the Indian bowlers are quite good in those conditions. Your lot couldnt even manage 280 against zimbabwe on the same pitch so good luck with 280.
Slow turner favours India

Anything else is advantage Australia

tooextracool

International Coach
Honestly, dont think Australia have a hope in hell on any pitch that isnt an out and out seamer's paradise. Easily the worst Australia team I've seen in any world cup and yes, even worse than the one from 1992.

Bun

Banned
A wounded Australia vs an overfed India. If Sachin doesnt crack it, expecting a one sided contest in favor of the men in yellow.

BeeGee

International Captain
maybe australia and india can just go straight to the final , drop round robin, qtrs and semi. all together. :ph34r:
AWTA. The arrogance displayed by the Aus and India fans in this forum is quite frankly disgusting. This WC is NOT Aus v India!! There are other teams in this contest with just as good, if not better, chances to win this. :dry:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, dont think Australia have a hope in hell on any pitch that isnt an out and out seamer's paradise. Easily the worst Australia team I've seen in any world cup and yes, even worse than the one from 1992.
Ravi Rampaul just took 5 against India! They are there for the taking, so are Australia for that matter but they have big game players who have been there and done that. India will start as favourites but Australia are not as awful as they are being made out. Aus win this then they are in the final for mine.

Last edited: