• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodster

International Captain
Kamran Akmal keeps pretty well and their opening batsmen put on a fantastic partnership, how unlucky for WI that both these unlikely incidents take place on the same day!!

Once again really impressed with Pakistan's overall game and while WI never really showed, Pakistan's qualities deserve the headlines.

Gul was spot on early, only offering a couple of balls of width to the left-handers, but grabbing the crucial wicket of Gayle. At times I'm resigned to thinking that's Gayle, he has a lot of success batting in this manner so the rough has to be taken with the smooth, till I realised how poor he has been since his last century, some 34 innings ago. A more responsible approach should be on the horizon.

Then it was all about the trio of spinners for Pakistan of which WI had no answer or visible plan in how to counter them. Was a difficult dilemma for Chanderpaul and Sarwan after losing three early wickets. Clearly they wanted to consolidate, but their rate was funerial, and allowed the bowlers to bowl their areas without any pressure being put back onto them. But while they remained at the crease WI had hope, another collapse took away any hope they had in being competitive. There was little proactivity by WI, but that can be difficult when wickets continually tumble.

Afridi was outstanding again, Ajmal and his controversial doosra was close to unplayable, and Hafeez troubled batsman more with his drift than any significant spin.

Hafeez and Akmal then made very light work of the chase. Some glorious strokeplay getting them off to a flyer before a more sensible finish ensured they kept all 10 wickets in the shed. A stunning statement from Pakistan and it would make for an excellent game (or two) if they maintain this standard for the rest of the tournament.

smash84

The Tiger King
In a word: yes.

In two: ****, yes.
Yeah, I cringed inside when I watched him bowl last night. The old line of "How was that umpire, run out?" by the batsman applies when Ajmal is bowling his doosras. He should be banned from bowling that particular delivery - automatic no-ball.
Oh didn't notice that tbh...........no wonder his doosras were quite literally spinning like leg breaks. How come he isn't being reported though????? From what I gauge from both of your reactions it is pretty obvious.

Kamran Akmal keeps pretty well and their opening batsmen put on a fantastic partnership, how unlucky for WI that both these unlikely incidents take place on the same day!!

Once again really impressed with Pakistan's overall game and while WI never really showed, Pakistan's qualities deserve the headlines.

Gul was spot on early, only offering a couple of balls of width to the left-handers, but grabbing the crucial wicket of Gayle. At times I'm resigned to thinking that's Gayle, he has a lot of success batting in this manner so the rough has to be taken with the smooth, till I realised how poor he has been since his last century, some 34 innings ago. A more responsible approach should be on the horizon.

Then it was all about the trio of spinners for Pakistan of which WI had no answer or visible plan in how to counter them. Was a difficult dilemma for Chanderpaul and Sarwan after losing three early wickets. Clearly they wanted to consolidate, but their rate was funerial, and allowed the bowlers to bowl their areas without any pressure being put back onto them. But while they remained at the crease WI had hope, another collapse took away any hope they had in being competitive. There was little proactivity by WI, but that can be difficult when wickets continually tumble.

Afridi was outstanding again, Ajmal and his controversial doosra was close to unplayable, and Hafeez troubled batsman more with his drift than any significant spin.

Hafeez and Akmal then made very light work of the chase. Some glorious strokeplay getting them off to a flyer before a more sensible finish ensured they kept all 10 wickets in the shed. A stunning statement from Pakistan and it would make for an excellent game (or two) if they maintain this standard for the rest of the tournament.
Yeah very well written.....lol@ Khatmal and opening pair clicking, a double whammy against the poor WI :)

Howe_zat

Audio File
His doosra has presumably been tested and found to be just within the legal limit, if he hasn't had it brought up by the powers that be. Regardless, it's absolutely awful to watch.

smash84

The Tiger King
His doosra has presumably been tested and found to be just within the legal limit, if he hasn't had it brought up by the powers that be. Regardless, it's absolutely awful to watch.
hmmm...........if it has been tested then good for him..........but it was spinning ridiculously at times tbh..........

Himannv

International Coach
really...........is his arm really bending too much?????????
Nothing wrong with bending the arm if I understand the rule right. Just that the arm shouldn't straighten.

Haven't watched him closely enough to notice the straightening but maybe I'll catch it in the highlights package or the semi's.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pollard, Thomas, Benn, Sammy, Smith and Rampaul should be thrown out. Keep Pollard for the 20/20s, comeback to Thomas when he can get into double figures, Sammy is finished in all formats, same with Benn, novelty factor bowler who only bashes minnows, while Smith is a nothing batsman and Rampaul a nothing, overweight bowler who had one good game in 4 years last weekend. Also ask Chanderpaul to retire from limited overs cricket, he is 36, brings no longevity and the Windies still get humiliated with or without him. Also keep an eye on Sarwan, only 30 but he had a very poor WC and he has fitness issues. Build the team around Roach, Russell, Barath and Bravo Junior and introduce the U19 guys, Jason Holder and Kraigg Brathwaite. Just dump senior Bravo and Gayle if they would rather play KFC cricket than international cricket. Wouldn't even think about Jerome Taylor and Fidel Edwards, would need the stars to be aligned to get Taylor, Roach and Fidel onto the same park.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You joking right..he's got the cleanest action compared to Murali, Botha and Bhajji. Bowls a better doosra by a mile
Deadly serious. Fairly convinced he chucks his off break too, but if his doosra isn't a throw than I've never seen one. Ajmal makes Murali's action look like Jim Laker's.

Botha's a filthy chucker too. His standard offie is bad enough but has actually been banned from "bowling" his doosra.

"Cleanest action". Lol.

Oh, and welcome back.

ZigZag

Cricket Spectator
Deadly serious. Fairly convinced he chucks his off break too, but if his doosra isn't a throw than I've never seen one. Ajmal makes Murali's action look like Jim Laker's.

Botha's a filthy chucker too. His standard offie is bad enough but has actually been banned from "bowling" his doosra.

"Cleanest action". Lol.

Oh, and welcome back.
Well i'm sure we have umpires and technology to check his action...and i stand by my point if Murali, Bhajji and Botha are all legal then so is Ajmal.

'Oh, and welcome back' - you are mistaking me for someone else mate haha

salman85

International Debutant
No he isn't.

He was cleared by the ICC,no one from the ICC has complained about his action since so i find it pretty odd that people here should question it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No he isn't.

He was cleared by the ICC,no one from the ICC has complained about his action since so i find it pretty odd that people here should question it.
Clearly the ICC has never made a wrong decision or behaved in a manner not in the best interest of cricket in its long and august history, so you must be right.