• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

howardj

International Coach
Anasta has no hunger whatsoever.

It's beyond him to play two good games in a row.

He plays one good game and is then satisfied with himself.

Anyway, I think NSW have really felt the absence of Minichiello.

He's got such great spark and determination.

What he brings to a team shouldn't be underestimated.

archie mac

International Coach
Mundane Yogi said:
Haha, yeah. Watching it on Sky (Pay TV) here in NZ is great. Every time Ray Warren says "We'll be back in a moment", I think, "Nope, I'm staying right here with you matey".

You're right though - terrestrial TV are terrible at showing sport these days. The really annoying thing is when we have a really big event like the Football World Cup, and they insist on putting some idiot local presenter on who knows absolutely nothing about anything. Give me the BBC dammit!

And yet you still don't correctly recall the actual product they were advertising. Gold!
I would be happy if they showed everything on Pay TV but I know that would not be fair to people who can not afford it :(

I drink VB:D

archie mac

International Coach
I have always been impressed with the young half back from St. George, although I think he is a bit injury prone:)

I heard that Andrew Johns is talking about making a come back in game 3, should he be allowed to pick and choose?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Mat Head you mean there Archie. He's returning from injury (yet again) tomorrow night against the Broncos. I certainly think he's a fantastic attacker, as good as anyone except Johns. However, his defence is a worry and I think that will count against him in the future in regards to rep selection if he does not improve.

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Yeah, Mat Head you mean there Archie. He's returning from injury (yet again) tomorrow night against the Broncos. I certainly think he's a fantastic attacker, as good as anyone except Johns. However, his defence is a worry and I think that will count against him in the future in regards to rep selection if he does not improve.
Year thats the fella. You may not remember him but Steve Mortimer (spelling) was considered a poor defender, but in the end turned into one of the best. So maybe Mat Head can do the same.:)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol Hodgson was one of NSW's best players, theres a chance Mini will be back but if hes not Hodgson should easily keep his spot...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the 2nd time now i've heard people say Hodgo should be dropped..

Seriously he was safe as at the back, and what do they expect a fullback to do when the front men are getting bashed like little kids...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm not saying he should be dropped, he's close to their best player. All I said was that I thought Hornby should've been there originally. There's no point in dropping him now.

howardj

International Coach
Hodgson is a very good club player. In my view, he's never going to be much of a standout in Representative footy though. He's a solid Representative performer - nothing more, nothing less.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wouldnt be too disapointed if they throw and under done rookie in there, imo Brett Kimmorley always has been and still is the number 2 halfback behind Johns, but i know he wont be picked so i can rest easy at night.

if Bell is out and Inglis isnt back surely Schifcofske will have to be picked, i cant see any other options...

Craig

World Traveller
Matt Bowen is the big winner out of this.

Unless they decide to pick an under-done Billy Slater.

howardj

International Coach
With Hunt and Bell out injured...

1 Inglis
2 Tate
3 Berrigan
4 Hodges
5 Mogg
6 Lockyer
7 Thurston

With maybe Bowen/Slater to be drafted onto the bench, in place of Berrigan.