• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh yeah - blood is a part of wrestling, but there was a point in the E were people were just bleeding for the sake of it. And now in TNA we have Ric Flair bleeding in a promo.
Hahahaha wtf, again? That's actually quite funny. As two weeks of impact were recorded this week I guess we'll get it again next week too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh no, I was talking about last week's sorry. Still not seen this week's yet but apparently naitch is in a wheelchair.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dennis Commetti mentioned this year's Wrestlemania match (Batista vs. Cena?) during his commentary of the Geelong vs. Essendon AFL match.

He used to always drop WWE lines somewhere but that was pure awesome.

masterblaster

International Captain
The big one is almost here! Wrestlemania 26 is just around the corner and I thought I'd offer some of my predictions for the event.

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

The rematch that everyone has been waiting for! This will surely be another classic, but it will be so hard to top last year's effort. On hand I don't see Shawn losing twice in a row, on the other hand I think the undefeated streak of The Undertaker has such marketability that it would be stupid to end it now. My prediction is that The Undertaker wins and Shawn Michaels retires for the time being.

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

A match that has been about 12 years in the making. Who would've thought Bret Hart could return to the WWE? I think Bret's been fantastic in his current role and Vince McMahon has been the best opponent Bret could've had. I think this match can only end one way with Bret Hart locking the Sharpshooter on Vince McMahon. Bret Hart should win here.

WWE Championship Match: Batista vs John Cena

There has been such a good build to this match that I can't wait to see it. I've never been a fan of Batista or Cena but these two have built a tremendous feud and as a result everyone has been waiting for this match. Batista has been such a great heel and has really done a great job in building this angle. If this match is to go on last, I'd expect John Cena to win here.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Chris Jericho vs Edge

The build for this match has been a little weaker than the Batista vs John Cena match but anytime these face off in the ring, you're going to expect a classic. This match could steal the show because of the fact that both Chris Jericho and Edge are so good at what they do and are so entertaining. I think Edge has to walk away with the World Heavyweight Championship but with rumours going around that the winner of the MITB could cash in at Wrestlemania itself, I'm not so sure. I'm still going to predict Edge as the winner here.

Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Kane vs Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs MVP vs Kofi Kingston vs Shelton Benjamin

The 10 man MITB match this year is a little overboard and realistically you only have a few people who could win it this year. I think the only logical winners of the MITB this year would be either Drew McIntyre, Christian, Kofi Kingston or Shelton Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin is a dark horse but could potentially win if the man to win MITB this year was to not win the World Championship. Kofi Kingston a couple of months ago was very over and would've been the obvious favourite, but now I'm not so sure. That leaves Drew McIntyre and Christian. Drew McIntyre is Vince McMahon's chosen one so he has a really good chance of winning this year and Christian deserves to win due to the years of poor treatment he has received from the creative team. Christian also has a ready made feud with either Edge or Chris Jericho ready to go. However with politics and Vince McMahon on the cards, my pick to win MITB this year is Drew McIntyre.

Unified Tag Team Championship Match: The Miz & The Big Show vs R-Truth & John Morrison

I think it's safe to say that The Miz & The Big Show will retain here. It's good to see R-Truth, The Miz and John Morrison getting a chance to show the world their skills at Wrestlemania. It should be an entertaining match.

Triple H vs Sheamus

It's Wrestlemania and it's Triple H, so you have to go with him as the winner. I don't have a doubt he'll try to put Sheamus over and make him look credible but Triple H is winning here.

Randy Orton vs Ted DiBiase vs Cody Rhodes

The implosion of Legacy has lead to a Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania. This should be a decent match, but Randy Orton has to win here! The way he was booked last year was terrible and you can't have Ted DiBiase or Cody Rhodes beat one of your biggest stars at Wrestlemania.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

The build to this match has been absolutely awesome! CM Punk is by far one of the most entertaining characters in WWE today and Rey Mysterio's daughter put in a great performance a couple of weeks ago on Smackdown as she was terrified of CM Punk when Punk encountered Mysterio and his family in the ring. I think Rey Mysterio wins here, but look for their feud to continue after Wrestlemania. These two are such great performers that this could be another match that could potentially steal the show this year at Wrestlemania.

10 Diva Tag Match

This is likely to be a dark match so I don't really care. Maybe Beth Phoenix will destroy everyone and win.

This truly seems like one of the best Wrestlemania's in a long time. Enjoy the show everyone!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Did anyone catch Tyson Kidd Vs Rey Mysterio on Superstars this week? Was a really good match.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Isn't Wrestlemania tomorrow? It must be like Christmas eve for Jim considering that he is comparing this years Wrestlemania to WM17. I wonder what he'd do if an Ashes Test was starting tomorrow. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My Mania tips :)

Divas Match

Don't care, useful for going the toilet and grabbing a beer, tipping the faces to win with Beth pinning Vickie

Randy Orton V Ted Dibiase V Cody Rhodes
The mic work by Ted & Cody on Monday added an interesting twist to this one. I think everyone thought Ted would turn face for this feud but Orton has been getting over huge without doing anything to turn face. I know not everyone is a fan of him being a face, but if he goes on the way he is now he'll be fine. I think the point of this will be to test the waters of his face run- Orton will get the win and watch the crowd explode - if they don't, then look out for him RKOing Cena or something sometime soon.
Winner: Randy Orton

MITB
Some think ten people is too many but this match is just a spotfest anyway nowadays. The strong card sees this match weaker than usual, but it should still be good. Evan Bourne and Shelton Benjamin will throw themselves about, Kane will catch everyone, also look out for a stellar performance from Kofi. I think there are only three realistic winners: Christian, Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston. Christian got a hell of a pop on Smackdown - could this be his time? Still undecided between him and Drew....shooting with Christian....I think
Winner: Christian

Triple H V Sheamus
Triple H's first time in a non-title match at Mania since X-Seven. This has been a nice basic setup, and I like the premise of it. Triple H and Sheamus are buddies so of course he'll get no credit, but I can see Sheamus being made a star here tonight - I know he was champ, but he never pinned anyone important as champion. I can go either way with it and while it's not really the result that matters, the way this one has been booked suggests a Sheamus win to me.
Winner: Sheamus

CM Punk V Rey Mysterio
Oooooh it's gonna be a ripper. Can't wait for this one. Widely tipped to be the night's sleeper, hard to see it not being awesome. This feud has been great, CM Punk is now probably the hottest heel in the business, no mean feat given what Jericho & Batista have done lately. The stip adds some intrigue to this one and as with the match before I am umming and aahing over who the winner will be. Rey Rey joining the SES would be interesting and this feud could still have some mileage left. Tipping Punk.
Winner: CM Punk

Tag title: ShoMiz V Morrison & R-Truth
This should be a nice culmination of the year-long feud Miz and Morrison have been having, which has worked well given that they are on different brands. Morrison and R-Truth have done some good work to put themselves over as an actual team. I don't think they will get the win unless we get some Daniel Bryan interference.
Winner: ShoMiz

World Heavweight Championship - Chris Jericho V Edge
I've been looking forwards to these two getting down to business ever since Jericho was moved to Smackdown and this is another example of the fine long-term booking we have seen leading into the big dance this year. I can't help but think they had this match in mind ever since last year's draft. On first thoughts, it seems a no-brainer that Edge will get the win, but I wouldn't be so sure. Like Rey Rey-Punk, I think we may see these two go at it a couple more times after this. Edge can really get the fans behind him on a title chase and I think he'll lose here.
Winner: Chris Jericho

WWE Championship - Batista V John Cena
Batista has done his best ever mic work in the lead-up to this, the premise of the feud makes perfect sense and it was nicely spun off from the Bret-Vince feud. This one isn't a purists dream but should be a great power match. It has the big match feel like an Austin-Rock or Hogan-Warrior encounter. Can't see past a Cena win, but we've all been wrong about these things before (anyone remember last year?)
Winner: John Cena

Bret Hart V Vince McMahon
Vince's guarantee that Bret will be screwed means that we should see something interesting tonight. Personally, the way I see this is that Bret will beat on Vince for a few minutes, then Vince gets a low blow and somehow manages to get Bret into the sharpshooter. He nods to the referee to get the bell rang, ref tells him to GAGF and Bret breaks the hold before giving everybody the finish that the want - Vince tapping out to the sharpshooter. Hopefully he keeps him in it for a good few minutes.
Winner: Bret Hart

Career V Streak: Shawn Michaels V Undertaker
Yeah, I feel sick. Excited that they really could better the match they had last year. But sick that Shawn could lose...:(. I am going to be marking out like a bitch for Shawn. But I don't think he'll end the streak, which is a shame...Shawn>>>>The Streak (Shawn>>>>>>Everyone). Should be a classic but ultimately for me, a sad ending.
Winner: Undertaker

All in all, this is the best booked Mania in a long time, maybe even ever. Let's hope it lives up to its card as it should be a classic. Enjoy the show folks and I look forwards to discussing it with you all tomorrow. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aha I thought you meant me, although I don't know why you called me Jim :p

And yeah, I am hella excited, the card is stacked. Should be epic.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Aha I thought you meant me, although I don't know why you called me Jim :p

And yeah, I am hella excited, the card is stacked. Should be epic.
Yeah, it's pretty simple.

GIMH

You're no hero, so we have to get rid of that. :p
So that leaves us with GIM
Considering that you're mildly inlove with James Anderson and his nickname is Jimmy, it only seemed appropriate to swap the G with a J.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Pretty sure you mean GIMH Ben. Not sure where you got Jim from. You can see where the GIMH name comes from right?

:lol: Your logic just baffles me at times, whats wrong with calling him GIMH like everyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.