• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have got Impact on my computer but Conwell took his USB stick away with him so I can't plug it into the Xbox...cbf to sit and watch it without turning my attention elsewhere, might give it a whirl at the weekend

It drew something like 0.86, up on last week by about 0.02. Raw dropped from 3.7 to 3.24...so a lot of people just didn't watch any wrestling this week who watched it last time out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Warrior, Kane, Undertaker, Benoit, Batista, Cena, and Orton.
Of the top of my head can't remember the Kane match. 90s? Or post 2006?

Anyway, without continuing the Triple H fans vs. Triple H haters argument too much longer, that's not exactly a surprising list of losses.

Benoit the only one that matters. We all know what happened with Warrior, and no credit goes to losing to your mates or a more senior guy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
W/L records in pro wrestling? Heh.
Kinda my point tbh, twas a tongue-in-cheek comment anyway and I've no wish to reignite last week's argument. I'd say of the main events he's been in, the only ones where they shouldn't have been were last year (though that's only with hindsight) and Mania 18, which should have been Rock-Hogan.

He lost to Kane by DQ at 15 FTR.Silly Mania where Chyna turned face during that match then her and Triple H both turned heel later on.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yep, Goldberg could be getting himself a contract with the WWE. There are already rumours about next year's Hall of Fame being a WCW themed version of the Hall of Fame. You would think that Goldberg would be a high probability of going in to the Hall of Fame. It's his only shot really and I think he knows it.

Who knows, he might come back for an angle or two. But if he does sign with WWE, he needs to be used sparingly. I think WWE have done a great job with the younger talent so far and they are on their way to creating new stars. They don't need the old guys taking up television time.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
According to Dave Meltzer, WWE had reached out to Bill Goldberg "some time back." The offer was for an affiliation, not for him to be a wrestler, but for a legends style contract, which may include the use of his likeness for merchandising and video games. The deal is described as "a completely different level than the normal legends deal."
Interesting, how do they expect to sell merchandise if he isn't there to help sell it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Acorn Online (Welcome to Hersam Acorn Newspapers) interviewed Vince McMahon to discuss WresteMania. The piece also included McMahon discussing TNA, here is what he had to say…

"We're in different businesses. We're in the entertainment business and they're in the ‘pro wrasslin' business. It's different markets. When they moved to Monday nights they threw the kitchen sink at us and only did a fraction of our audience. It doesn't speak well for the type of product they're trying to present with the tawdry, blood-soaked action. I don't think that's what the culture wants these days."
Sounds like he's hit that nail on the head.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah - some would call Vince a hypocrite considering his product was the blood-soaked one just a few years back, but at the end of the day, despite the complaints of many, I don't think the majority of the audience does want an attitude era throwback. What TNA are trying to do at the minute would be akin to Vince recreating Hulkamania in 97 instead of going attitude. Yeah, wrestling moves in cycles, it doesn't mean what was popular ten years ago is the answer to your prayers.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah - some would call Vince a hypocrite considering his product was the blood-soaked one just a few years back, but at the end of the day, despite the complaints of many, I don't think the majority of the audience does want an attitude era throwback. What TNA are trying to do at the minute would be akin to Vince recreating Hulkamania in 97 instead of going attitude. Yeah, wrestling moves in cycles, it doesn't mean what was popular ten years ago is the answer to your prayers.
Tbf most of the E's blood was usually reserved for the really big PPVs and very rare TV moments. Have no problem with blood to an extent, just that TNA have had it happen several weeks on the bounce at several points during their shows.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh yeah - blood is a part of wrestling, but there was a point in the E were people were just bleeding for the sake of it. And now in TNA we have Ric Flair bleeding in a promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.