• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
I caught Wrestlemania this year and overall I thought the show was pretty good. There were some parts of the show that were not that great, but overall the show was entertaining.

ShoMiz vs R-Mo: Too quick for anybody to even care, it was a poor way to start Wrestlemania.

Randy Orton vs Ted DiBiase vs Cody Rhodes: Average match. Randy Orton is really over as a face. Decent finish with the punt and the RKO on both Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.

MITB: Poor match, too many people and too many poorly timed spots. Jack Swagger? Really?

Triple H vs Sheamus: Slowly worked match but wasn't too bad. Sheamus got in some credible offence, but it's Triple H at Wrestlemania so it was no surprise when he won.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio: Decent match, both guys worked hard. The match was too short and should've been longer.

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon: Worst match of the night by far. It was brutally bad. Bret Hart looked uncomfortable, the match was overbooked and Bret got in too many chairshots and the whole match lost it's appeal.

Chris Jericho vs Edge: Good match, both guys worked hard. I think Edge has come back a little too early and as a result he wasn't fully into the match. Chris Jericho performed really well. The ending was pretty good too with Jericho being speared through the barricade.

10 Diva Tag Match: Pretty terrible. Vickie Guerrero should've never attempted the frog splash.

Batista vs John Cena: Great match which got the crowd excited. Great spots and told a great story. Cena becoming WWE Champion was the right decision. Cena posing with the Cena haters at the end of the match was great!

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels: Epic match, one of the best ever. Two absolute legends showing the entire roster how it's done. Thank you Shawn for all the memories and for such a great career.

Overall a decent show. The WWE Championship match and the main event saved the show. Slightly disappointed as I thought this Wrestlemania would be one of the best in recent times but it ended up being above average.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Of course not
Yeah, of course not!
Harsh joke. To lie that the streak was broken by Shawn is brutal!

I was pretty confused as well tbf cos I checked WWE.com before htey had reported on the match. Then I checked later and saw Taker had won, then read your posts and was thinking "****, did I read about last year's Wrestlemania?"

Bitches.

By the way I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Vicky Guerrero, is that Eddie's former wife? I remember randomly seeing her kissing Edge or something on Raw. When the **** was she employed by the WWE, and why is she disgracing herself on TV less than 2-3 years after he husband died? :dry:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Wow, when was the last time a World Title match didn't main event at WM?

I seem to recall HHH once saying that not having the world title match in the Main Event would piss on anyone before it.

Cena vs Batista would've been a worthy WM Main Event aswell.

masterblaster

International Captain
Harsh joke. To lie that the streak was broken by Shawn is brutal!

I was pretty confused as well tbf cos I checked WWE.com before htey had reported on the match. Then I checked later and saw Taker had won, then read your posts and was thinking "****, did I read about last year's Wrestlemania?"

Bitches.

By the way I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Vicky Guerrero, is that Eddie's former wife? I remember randomly seeing her kissing Edge or something on Raw. When the **** was she employed by the WWE, and why is she disgracing herself on TV less than 2-3 years after he husband died? :dry:
Yep, she's Eddie Guerrero's wife. After Eddie died, WWE took Vickie on board because she was in some financial trouble and has three daughters she needs to support. It was a nice gesture by WWE and to Vickie's credit she's turned into one of the biggest heels WWE has ever had. She's done a great job for somebody with no wrestling or television experience.

Her onscreen relationship with Edge was really entertaining and did wonders for Edge's character as she was the General Manager of Smackdown at the time and Edge was being pushed as this despicable heel who was going out with Vickie Guerrero just to put himself into the World Championship picture.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

I seem to recall HHH once saying that not having the world title match in the Main Event would piss on anyone before it.

Wrestlemania 8, Hogan vs. Sid Justice?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, she's Eddie Guerrero's wife. After Eddie died, WWE took Vickie on board because she was in some financial trouble and has three daughters she needs to support. It was a nice gesture by WWE and to Vickie's credit she's turned into one of the biggest heels WWE has ever had. She's done a great job for somebody with no wrestling or television experience.

Her onscreen relationship with Edge was really entertaining and did wonders for Edge's character as she was the General Manager of Smackdown at the time and Edge was being pushed as this despicable heel who was going out with Vickie Guerrero just to put himself into the World Championship picture.
Ah okay, I'll take your word for it as I've not watched wrestling pretty much since Eddie died.

Tell you what though, was a ****ing shock when I flipped Raw and saw Vicky's tongue in Edge's mouth.

masterblaster

International Captain

If you saw The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at last year's Wrestlemania or this year's Wrestlemania you would know that there is no way that their match can be topped which is why it was the main event this year.

cricman

International 12th Man
Before she botched the Frog splash, she gave a Kiss to the Sky from the Top Turn Buckle and she did a few of Eddie's taunts at the post match celebration

The Outdoor Stadium really kills the noise, because the crowd was hot

I still feel :( after the ME

btw: LT (NFL linebacker) vs Bam Bam was the last non title match to ME

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
It's okay I guess if she botched the frog splash, she's not a wrestler anyway. If anything, good on her for attempting it. I'm sure she meant well and wanted to dedicate it to Eddie.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I actually thought the women's match was pretty good. That sequence in the middle where they were all hitting their finishers on each other was neat. Went WTF at McCool using AJ Styles' finisher, but w/e.

Vickie was hilarious through the entire match, then kinda hit the frog splash, then botched the cover (!!!!) then tried to cover it up by looking like she was splashing the other woman a few times.

EDIT: Was better than Vince v Bret, IMO. :ph34r:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough.

Suppose I should give my thoughts on what went down.

Tag titles
Well I was just getting into this and then it ended! Big Show lived up to everything he said on Raw about high-flying being the demise of Morrison/R-Truth, good to see Miz get to celebrate a victory on the big stage but would have liked to see them have about three or four minutes more.

Triple Threat
Crowd were hot for this, and tbh it was one of my favourites. The storytelling from Orton was fantastic and really, can you believe we actually heard the punt get such a pop? Him bringing the pose out at the end was fantastic and sealed his face turn. This was everything it needed to be and a bit more for me, I LOVED it.

MITB
Yeah, not bad, a bit messy. Evan Bourne looked great, the SST from the ladder and then the bump he took later were great. I loved Kofi on ladder stilts. MVP and Shelton went for the same spot as last year and still didn't get it right, but I don't mind too much in this environment. Christian looked a class above the rest of the field - I don't think he needs the briefcase and as such it will be interesting to see where they go with him. Striker talked about Christian living in Edge's shadow (without actually saying that) so we may have that to come later in the year. Hoping for Christian to be drafted to Smackdown I think.

Triple H V Sheamus
Yeah, this was really good as well. Triple H made Sheamus look highly credible. I was rooting for Sheamus (he's bigger than Sinead O' Connor after all) but didn't mind the Triple H win, this loss did more for Sheamus's credibility than his wins over Cena and Orton. Be interesting to see where both guys go from here. I like the way Triple H has been used the last six months, a return to the title fold wouldn't be unreasonable, it's been nearly a year, but at the same time you feel he doesn't really need it. I digress anyhow, good match.

CM Punk V Rey Rey
This was great...while it lasted. I'd have given this, like, an extra ten minutes from somewhere, though I realise that's easier than it sounds. They made the most of the time though. I was surprised Rey Rey got the pin as it means the feud could come to an end, but we'll see. With Orton now a face, it may be time for Punk to return to Raw as the top heel, though he'd be severely missed over at the blue brand.

Bret V Vince
Well firstly I have never been a fan of the Hart Dynasty but I thought Smith looked decent out there tonight. Tyson Kidd, still not sold yet, we'll see. Anyway, to the real stuff - meh - it was what it was and what it needed to be. Could have made it shorter, it was just an extended squash but we got our feelgood moment and I am happy enough with that. It's a shame to see Bret so limited though.

Divas
Meh, quite amusing, I've seen worse divas matches. LOL at the ending.

Chris Jericho V Edge
Yes, yes, yes. Yes! Great stuff. Love these guys. I felt they probably had another level they could go to at some point, but the storytelling was fantastic all the way through, Edge has got those spear chants across well and it all became about when he would be able to hit it. Turns out it was too late, but the post-match spear was immense. As a long long long time fan of Jericho it is nice to see him win a world title match at Mania. Let me take this opportunity to say that as much as I loved him in the past, the previous eighteen months have seen him move towards all-time great status. If he maintains his current standards for a few more years then I would start considering putting him right up there. WAG.

As a sidenote, Edge was unbeaten at Mania until he faced Taker, now the poor guy can't buy a pin. Oh and this one ain't over!

John Cena V Batista
Yeah, I loved this as well. The FU to batista where he bounced across the ring was epic, and for two big guys they put some good sequences together. I loved Cena posing with the anti-Cena crowd at the end as well, great stuff

Undertaker V Shawn
Nothing I write could do this match justice, it was the greatest wrestler of all-time going out in style. Where the match ranks in the annals of history, it is too early to say. But what a display.

And no, I don't think Shawn will be back - feel free to dig this if I'm wrong :)

So after writing that, yeah, I enjoyed Mania a LOT. The only 'disappointments' for me where the tag title and CM Punk/Rey Rey matches and that's only because they were short.

I can't decide these things in the heat of the moment so in a few years I'll watch the DVD of this and decide where it stands...

Status
Not open for further replies.