• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. Was basically the absolute peak of pro-wrestling for mine. That period leading up to WM2000 probably my favourite wrestling period ever.
I think in terms of being immersed in the whole show it would be the same for me. I started watching sometime in mid '99 so this was the first Royal Rumble -> Wrestlemania season I watched. There are individual matches and angles that I could cherry pick from other periods and places which I'd probably say are better now but this was when my fandom was at its peak. And this particular show with the Kane return along with the two HHH/Cactus Jack PPV matches would probably be my highlights from that period.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes, yes he was. What was the moment it all went meh for him? The unmasking or the Kanaroonie are mentioned a lot but I pissed myself laughing when he did the kanaroonie.
HHH refusing to job to him just before the mask came off imo. He was never quite the same after that. Had the chance to really be pushed strong and get over as a really top guy at that moment, but once Trips beat him it was immediately obvious that this opportunity was gone forever. Fans realised the E had no serious intentions of ever elevating him beyond his current station and just stopped caring.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
HHH refusing to job to him just before the mask came off imo. He was never quite the same after that. Had the chance to really be pushed strong and get over as a really top guy at that moment, but once Trips beat him it was immediately obvious that this opportunity was gone forever. Fans realised the E had no serious intentions of ever elevating him beyond his current station and just stopped caring.
Come on man, why would Hunter ever kill someone's buzz intentionally or unintentionally?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was the time of Katie Vick idiocy, wasn't it?

Come on man, why would Hunter ever kill someone's buzz intentionally or unintentionally?
You are right, he never would do it unintentionally. :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes another thing that in hindsight (though it was also clear at the time I guess) that was totally unnecessary

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I agree

You just knew he wasn't going to be a proper championship contender then

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't quite agree, Kane post mask loss was genuinely an enthralling and terrifying character for a year or so.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't quite agree, Kane post mask loss was genuinely an enthralling and terrifying character for a year or so.
Yeah he was fine, but was never ever close to being pushed as a really top guy again. He had been on the cusp of that for years up until that point, but never again after it.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The Steve Austin youtube podcasts are fantastic