• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
These videos people put together using footage from the 2K games are often really good tbh. Better than the actual games themselves, which have been pretty iffy and bland for years now (irrespective of the hilarious disaster that was 2K20 lol)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Who would've guessed that the second show Tony Khan had been talking about would end up being Impact.

Pretty crazy night, definitely the right time to give the belt to Omega. Don't think anyone at all was expecting the Callis angle or Sting appearance.

Hoping Sting has a role like the other legends as he mentors Darby

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a very interesting move. Not entirely sure how I feel about it though.

Edit: The Impact thing I mean. Omega being given the belt is definitely a good call imo.

Bahseph

State Captain
I know it's common knowledge, but imagine anyone else booking the roster WWE has? The potential is insane. I mean,even the Cruiserweight belt could mean something if they gave Rey a program with it or something.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate Sting in his prime, but he still has an aura around him. Big get for AEW.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sting showing up was cool, but I'm not really sure where they go from here.

The appeal of seeing him wrestle is basically nil for me personally. The appeal of seeing him (or anyone else for that matter) as an authority figure in AEW is also nil.

But he is signed to a full-time deal, so I guess they have something in mind for him. Manager/mentor role for someone like Darby Allin probably the best option imo.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My passed down knowledge of Sting is that he was never a good talker, unlike say Taz who was a good talker who had to use bad material, and obviously he can't work at any decent level, so its hard to see how he could be used well as a full timer.

on the other hand, he was a slam dunk to have as a presence and to promote the company. Obviously 'capturing the lapsed WCW fans' is a 15y meme at this point, and those people are now in the 50yo+ demo, but I guess it can't hurt to have around him...as long he doesn't take any bumps.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sting was so cool as a presence back in the day. Loved him so much. Probably hard to replicate in the modern era.

Athlai

Not Terrible
One of my favourite wrestlers and someone I was really looking so forward to over the next few years. I thought he'd get hold of the big AEW championship at some stage, and he was seemingly set on a fantastic feud with Hangman Page.

More than being a brilliant performer and someone that should have main evented wrestlemania with Bray and Randy, he seemed like a genuinely kind and lovely man well liked by many behind the scenes. And in his podcasts he also seemed like a great dad.

RIP