• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's so petty as a fan to feel so robbed of future entertainment, but it's so disappointing to me that we will never see Brodie in New Japan slapping meat with Goto or Ishii and terrorising the rest as a beast. He'd have given so much to us there. **** this is hitting so much harder for me than most of the passings in recent memory. Worst since Total Biscuit for me I think.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was looking forward to the match with Colt when he finally realised he was in a cult. Reckon it would have been very fun

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm doing alright - studying for an MSc in Organizational Psychology at the moment - so I left my job in Executive Search for the time being to study full-time for one year. How are you?
That's great, really good to hear. I'm doing alright thanks.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching Mania 28 on TV atm. Fmd Punk is an incredibly charismatic dude. Can't believe I missed the best part of his career. Dude is spectacular.
Bret loves him too. So obvious he's the kind of guy I'd have loved watching if I still watched wrestling. Oh and I just realised Macho man is dead wtf?

/jono

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bret loves him too. So obvious he's the kind of guy I'd have loved watching if I still watched wrestling. Oh and I just realised Macho man is dead wtf?

/jono
Seriously though, he's a spectacular talent. An absolute natural. I can't believe I wrestling snobbed my way into missing his peak at WWE. Instead I had to endure his MMA career.

Niall

International Coach
Punk was a passable face, but once he turned heel with the straight edge society he was absolute money for pretty much the rest of his tenure bar the dreadful angle with Nash and HHH.

He made loads of money with the WWE which is cool, but imagine that sort of heel in the attitude era? He'd have been an even bigger star.

Less said about the 2 MMA "fights" the better.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Punk was a passable face, but once he turned heel with the straight edge society he was absolute money for pretty much the rest of his tenure bar the dreadful angle with Nash and HHH.
Reckon he was better than just 'passable' as a face, but agreed that his heel runs were his best work and absolutely golden. So many great angles and matches and his crowd connection was special - his famous match against Cena at Money in the Bank had probably the hottest crowd I've ever heard.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Reckon he was better than just 'passable' as a face, but agreed that his heel runs were his best work and absolutely golden. So many great angles and matches and his crowd connection was special - his famous match against Cena at Money in the Bank had probably the hottest crowd I've ever heard.
Punk definitely more than a passable face. He was an excellent face imo. Just so happened that he was even better as a heel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess Niall meant passable face as in Punk's first run before the SES. He was dynamite since that time, especially once he moved to RAW with the new Nexus and then of course the MITB and the 4th wall breaking promo.

Absolute pits that WM 29 had to be twice in a lifetime. I booked a card on one of the wrestling sites I used to follow where Punk won back the title from Rock in the Feb PPV and it was actually Punk Vs Cena in the WM 29 Main Event with The Rock taking on Triple H and Lesnar facing Undertaker. How good would that have been. :(

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolute pits that WM 29 had to be twice in a lifetime. I booked a card on one of the wrestling sites I used to follow where Punk won back the title from Rock in the Feb PPV and it was actually Punk Vs Cena in the WM 29 Main Event with The Rock taking on Triple H and Lesnar facing Undertaker.
This makes me want to track down and rewatch the #1 contender match between Punk and Cena in the build up to that WM. From memory that was ace and way better than the eventual mania main event. (Punk/Taker turned out pretty fun at least..)

Kraken

International 12th Man
This makes me want to track down and rewatch the #1 contender match between Punk and Cena in the build up to that WM. From memory that was ace and way better than the eventual mania main event. (Punk/Taker turned out pretty fun at least..)
yep, that’s the match where punk gives cena a piledriver, and you can hear the crowd audibly gasp