• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who knows if it's even true anymore, but: The talent pool is fine, even with the injures. It's the booking.

Spikey

I guess, though, they just signed the guy named the best wrestler in the world, and in his Raw debut, he got 15 seconds in on the mic before a 45yo on the comeback from spending time in a band cut him off, and he wrested a hour into a three hour show

OverratedSanity

Rock ****ting on everyone and being a dick is always glorious. Brings back memories of him dominating Coach and Kevin Kelly.

OverratedSanity

Its been a pretty bleak year though when its come to making guys into any stars though, always a side effect of putting all the eggs in the Reigns basket.
This isn't actually true. WWE have made Rollins, Reigns, Kevin Owens into legit big new(ish) names on the roster. That's why it's even more annoying they went with the H. Find it hard to blame them too much though, injuries have just destroyed their plans over the last few months.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it all makes narrative sense etc... It's just that I, and presumably plenty of others, have no interest in this particular narrative. HHH main eventing WM's was old hat about 5 years ago, at least. There aren't a lot of other conceivable options at this stage, I get that, but I'm just not really very interested. I'm not convinced that someone beating HHH at WM is anywhere near as big a deal as it once was either. I mean, Batista beating HHH in 2005 basically made him the man. It was a huge ****ing deal. I just don't feel that way about this Reigns feud, at all.

I'm not really convinced they've made Owens into a legit big name either. In my mind he's basically "Quite strong looking upper-mid card guy", but have no faith they'll actually book him well/go anywhere good with him. Not yet anyway.

I'd agree about Rollins being a big name too, but he would be far improved in this regard if he hadn't been booked like crap for pretty much all of 2015.

Spikey

They had a good thing going on with rusev and now he's had to create his own championship

And what a championship it is

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As corny/lame as some of the content was, Rocky oozed charisma and somehow made it work. Coupled with Haitch they reminded me what elite level mic work was really like.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd say it also has a lot to do with AJ still being groomed in the "WWE way", Jericho is a ringmaster, who is a fantastic technical wrestler and capable of working with all styles (lol). He is also probably one of the few people who could call a match to Styles and not offend him for it.

Keeps Styles in the forefront and protects his introduction to the product. Solid booking. Where to from here though?
Styles vs Naka?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I guess, though, they just signed the guy named the best wrestler in the world, and in his Raw debut, he got 15 seconds in on the mic before a 45yo on the comeback from spending time in a band cut him off, and he wrested a hour into a three hour show
Or they put him against the first ever undisputed champion who is a master at putting people over

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, it all makes narrative sense etc... It's just that I, and presumably plenty of others, have no interest in this particular narrative. HHH main eventing WM's was old hat about 5 years ago, at least. There aren't a lot of other conceivable options at this stage, I get that, but I'm just not really very interested. I'm not convinced that someone beating HHH at WM is anywhere near as big a deal as it once was either. I mean, Batista beating HHH in 2005 basically made him the man. It was a huge ****ing deal. I just don't feel that way about this Reigns feud, at all.

I'm not really convinced they've made Owens into a legit big name either. In my mind he's basically "Quite strong looking upper-mid card guy", but have no faith they'll actually book him well/go anywhere good with him. Not yet anyway.

I'd agree about Rollins being a big name too, but he would be far improved in this regard if he hadn't been booked like crap for pretty much all of 2015.
Exactly. At this moment in time Trips v Reigns is the sensible option, but its a match up that doesn't really excite me that much whatsoever especially as their is no doubt regarding the match outcome.

Owens is in a better slot than most of the roster for sure, but yeah definitely not a star just yet. I'l be fascinated to see what happens him and Ambrose at Mania, I like to think they get a big match maybe not with each other, but I fear they will be thrown into MITB which for me while a fun match is the match for guys that are an afterthought when Mania comes around these days.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Apparently Team B.A.D. is breaking up on Smackdown.

Definitely the best thing for Sasha, I think the overall intention wasn't terrible and could have potentially helped to put Naomi and Tamina in the spotlight a little more but it didn't work out at all. Sasha's a promising talent but she isn't big enough to make a stable work from her presence. Wouldn't mind seeing Tamina and Naomi stick together under the B.A.D. banner and be a sort of A.P.A faction. Tamina is probably the best female enforcer "look" we've ever had.

The timing of this also seems like someone pushed hard for this backstage for WM. Team B.A.D. just got new merch and just got a new theme, like one week ago. This definitely doesn't seem like something creative was planning to happen now.

Also loving Goldust going after Truth as a tag team partner. I'd say both Goldust and Kane have produced some of their best work with tag team shenanigans, letting someone work with the strength of their bizarre characters is just great TV.

Booker T and Goldust is still possibly my favourite tag team ever, right up there with Los Guerreros for me.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Or they put him against the first ever undisputed champion who is a master at putting people over
Yeah Jericho is a fantastic way to bring him in IMO. Especially if they're going to book Owens/Zayn in the medium term.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I friggin love how Owens is able to sell "feuds". I think it really sets him and to a lesser extent Bray apart from a lot of the other heels on the roster. If Bray can get it to the Owens level he'll be an all-time great though.

No heel makes the audience mark out (aside from beast Lesnar) like Bray whenever he faces off against someone unexpected. Bray's jarring tune hits and the lights go out and they appear in front of the League of Nations? Massive pop. Bray turns on HHH? Big ol' pop.

If they ever figure out how to actually harness that mystique they'll have a massive massive star on their hands.