• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd agree about Rollins being a big name too, but he would be far improved in this regard if he hadn't been booked like crap for pretty much all of 2015.
surprised gimh didn't go after sledger for holding this correct opinion

Spikey

asked a kid at work who his favourite wrestler was today and he said the undertaker. just ftr

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the Undertaker has cross-genre appeal tbh. Lots of people who know little about wrestling seem to vaguely know who the Undertaker is, and say things like "his entrance is really cool", or something along those lines.

Spikey

Who are the top 10 wrestlers in the wwe roster and top 10 from all across the world right now?
I'm being lazy and just putting together names I like and who are ranked highly in the Observer Awards, but for outside WWE:

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW)
Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
Kota Ibushi (NJPW)
Jay Lethal (ROH) (I don't actually think Lethal is that good, but he's had gold at ROH for ages)
Roderick Strong (ROH/PWG)
Chris Hero (Indies, in particular PWG)
The Young Bucks (ROH/NJPW/PWG)
Zack Saber Jr (US and UK indies)
Ricochet/Prince Puma (Lucha Underground, NJPW, Indies)
The new Brothers Of Destruction, Fenix and Pentagon Jr (Lucha Underground, AAA)

ok so Fenix and Pentagon's relationship isn't acknowledged and they don't tag, but they're both so good.

Last edited:

Spikey

With the signings of AJ, Naka and La Sombra, WWE has 7 out of the top 10 here

LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD (WRESTLER OF THE YEAR)
1. A.J. STYLES (299) 2,507
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi (160) 1,674
3. Kazuchika Okada (136) 1,532
4. Shinsuke Nakamura (190) 1,481
5. John Cena (55) 976
6. Brock Lesnar (79) 668
7. Seth Rollins (51) 580
8. Sasha Banks (80) 519
9. La Sombra (35) 228
10. Jay Lethal (21) 214

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Titles do not maketh the man. Just ask Jack Swagger.
Yeah, a 2-month reign with the secondary world title in the two title era, when John Cena was wearing the other one, is exactly the same as a seven month run with the sole world title, that only ended because of injury.

Exactly the same and a great example.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, a 2-month reign with the secondary world title in the two title era, when John Cena was wearing the other one, is exactly the same as a seven month run with the sole world title, that only ended because of injury.

Exactly the same and a great example.
You staunchly defended the Swagger run at the time though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You staunchly defended the Swagger run at the time though.
Swagger was great in that run. Not the way he was or wasn't booked but his work. In particular the promo where he told us about a sandwich he had called the 'Swaggie'

Nonetheless. Most people were nonplussed. They took the belt off him. Tried a few times to get him over again, never really happened. Not remotely comparable to Seth.

Took the title off Brock, kept it, had the best matches all year long, won another title to go with it for a bit.

Sure he lost on Raw heaps and maybe he shouldn't but it really doesn't matter.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The big gold belt. They pushed him hard for a while. He was ECW champ circa 09 then won the MITB at Mania 26, cashed in on Jericho on the following Smackdown. Feuded with Big Show and then dropped the belt to Rey Rey I think. Wasn't getting over much, though as I said I thought he did a good job on the mic - and his matches with Rey were absolutely gun.

They tried to push him hard again a couple of years later. Feuded with ADR at Mania for the belt I think?