• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Most "universally" over babyfaces:
Tier 1: Goldberg, Jericho, Ambrose
Tier 2: Bayley, Sasha Banks, Rollins, New Day, Sami Zayn, Enzo and Cass during their entrance, Cesaro while wrestling, Big Show or Kane after an absence, Austin Aries,
Tier 3: Becky Lynch, Cesaro in promos, Enzo and Cass while wrestling, Nikki Bella, Naomi during her entrance, Goldust while power slamming someone, Gentleman Jack, Luke Harper

It isn't that bad IMO. I reckon it was worse a year ago.

*did not count Orton, Cena or Undertaker who would all be tier 1 but hardly due to recent booking or performance

There's just a lot of failures at the forefront of people's minds, because Rollins should be a huge baby face but they mishandled a lot of the turn and guys like Kalisto and Crews are extremely talented but only get cheered for being killed by Ziggler.
Wouldn't have Ambrose in the top tier of anything, especially not faces. His run as a face world champion was horrible and unsurprisingly nixed in no time at all. The E likes to make out Ambrose as a top guy, but he just so obviously isn't.

And everyone you mention from tier 2 downwards is decidedly meh, which I think is the point indiaholic was making. Plenty of guys there who you'd be like "ah yeah, cool, whatever" in response to, but very few (none in fact I suspect) for whom you'd be like "ommmmmffffgggggg I really want to see them".

Athlai

Not Terrible
Crowd pops for Ambrose always you'd be mad not to see it. I'm personally not a huge fan but he's right up there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The IC title has been given a singles match at a stacked mania and it's pretty clear from the commentary that Corbin will be in the main event scene sooner rather than later. I'm hoping he's still a year or two away from that, but I'm doubting WWEs patience there. Reckon it's pretty clear Smackdown see the top guys as Cena, Styles, Orton, Wyatt and Ambrose. Three of those blokes are locks for some of the greatest ever, not bad company.

indiaholic

International Captain
Triple H on Roman Reigns: “Isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him."

YESSSSS!!!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Triple H on Roman Reigns: “Isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him."

YESSSSS!!!
Aka we're going to keep booking him exactly like we are.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

YESSSSS!!!
I've never looked at it that way. Genius.

Niall

International Coach
Wouldn't have Ambrose in the top tier of anything, especially not faces. His run as a face world champion was horrible and unsurprisingly nixed in no time at all. The E likes to make out Ambrose as a top guy, but he just so obviously isn't.

And everyone you mention from tier 2 downwards is decidedly meh, which I think is the point indiaholic was making. Plenty of guys there who you'd be like "ah yeah, cool, whatever" in response to, but very few (none in fact I suspect) for whom you'd be like "ommmmmffffgggggg I really want to see them".

Very few of those tier 2 guys would draw serious money no matter how much the machine got behind them and I say that as someone who doesn't mind the majority of those named. Ambrose is to quote Trips a B player at the moment, his current gimmick is the absolute drizzling ****s. He will be jobbing to Corbin on Sunday, what a STAR~!

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Very few of those tier 2 guys would draw serious money no matter how much the machine got behind them and I say that as someone who doesn't mind the majority of those named. Ambrose is to quote Trips a B player at the moment, his current gimmick is the absolute drizzling ****s. He will be jobbing to Corbin on Sunday, what a STAR~!
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good work from Cena, but I felt this buried Miz and Maryse a bit. He talked down to them like they were **** on his shoe and they just took it and walked off. He just spent 5 minutes saying how he would destroy the pair of them at WM, and how it wouldn't even be a contest. It was a good promo, but I don't think it put heat on the feud at all.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah unless we get Miz winning this feud it's been pretty rough on him and Maryse.

It could happen I guess, but seems unlikely

Mike5181

International Captain
I did groan when Miz and Maryse dropped their mics. I was hoping they would fire back a bit and make it less one-sided. Everything else about it was fantastic, though. I reeaaaally want Miz and Maryse to win but I just don't see it.

Shane and AJ's segment was lacklustre. Shane's long-winded and sedate promo style really doesn't suit situations where you need to generate a bit of hype for the match. They should have been beating the **** out of each other in the crowd or someone should be thrown in a river or some ****. Not sure how a regular match is going to go with Shane either.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah unless we get Miz winning this feud it's been pretty rough on him and Maryse.

It could happen I guess, but seems unlikely
Yeah, it doesn't seem right that in a go home segment to a feud that the faces are plainly going to win the faces just dump a heap of **** on the heels, who then just walk off. It reminds me of that HHH promo where he buried Booker T and then just plain beat him (not as bad though obviously).

Maybe there will be a swerve, but like you, I can't see it.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
re predictions, probably the biggest thing to predict is whether WM will be canon this year. Cause last year, you know, the had all those results and then the next night....

I suspect Miz wins and then Cena does the proposal anyway. and I think HHH might win, with a whole heap of interference. It seems like the post-WM direction will be HHH's crew vs the babyfaces (balor, zayn, rollins etc), with Seth finally getting the win on whatever the last big PPV before football season begins is. Obviously they could do the same programme but have Seth win now, but HHH's gotta ****ing go over. And hey, maybe they might even go on last....

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Well given the match isn't sanctioned, they're just gonna have to crash WrestleMania: The Ultimate Thrill Ride at some point.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've never been more certain of anything in my life than Hunter currently trying to convince Vince that because it's unsanctioned, it really should go on last

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, it shouldn't go on last, but I don't really care if it does or not tbh.

Apart from Goldberg v Brock it's no more (or less) deserving the main event spot than most of the other matches as far as I'm concerned.