• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ok, I suspect they won't add any further matches to the WM card, as it is already stacked as it is, but I guess now is as good a time as any to start the predictions down.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - Could see this going Big Show's way. After Shaq flaked on him after he put in the hard yards I suspect they might give to him to make up for that. Failing that I have no real idea, and don't especially care. Would be good to see Ziggler win it, but I'm not sure if he's even included, and I think it's time to give up on him now. Edit: But somehow I had totally forgotten Braun, who should definitely win.

Gallows/Anderson v Enzo/Cass v Cesaro/Sheamus - This has Enzo and Cass written all over it, but I'd rather Cesaro and Sheamus won. As previously, Enzo has really begun to get on my wick in recent months.

Neville v Aries - This should be one of the matches of the night. Easily the two best cruiserweights the E has, and two of the best in the world. I'll go for Neville here.

Smackdown Women's match - Really not sure about this, especially as there are rumours about Asuka being added. Could see any of the participants winning to be honest. I'll go for Carmella because I think she's great. Failing that, Bliss to retain.

Ambrose v Corbin - Corbin. If not, he will surely beat Ambrose for the title very soon, but I suspect he'll get the win here, and he should.

Cena/Nikki v Miz/Maryse - I'd love Miz and Maryse to win, but it surely won't happen. Cena and Nikki to win, followed by wedding proposal.

Jericho v KO - Owens to get the win here. Love Jericho, but there's no reason at all for him to win this one. Owens is hot at the moment and needs it far more than Jericho does, especially as Y2J is going back to Fozzy very soon iirc.

Raw Women's Match - Can't see Charlotte winning the title again, and doubt they will put the belt on Nia, so it's a shootout between Sasha and Bayley. I think I'll go with a Bayley retention leading to a Sasha turn.

AJ v Shane - Concerningly, I don't think the outcome to this one is a foregone conclusion. Thanks to AJ's great work on this feud (because everything he touches turns to gold, WAFG), I'm actually way more keen to see this than I thought I would be. He never has a bad match either, so this should be ok at worst. I just hope he wins, and I think he will. AJ to emerge victorious.

Undertaker v Roman - Ergh, Words cannot describe how much I am at all interested in this. Taker looks sure to be on his way out, and his general condition/ring work have been awful of late. As that's the case, I can't see any good reason for him beating Roman. The crowd will crap all over this, but Roman to win. Just relieved that the streak is not still a thing.

Wyatt v Orton - I'm genuinely not sure who is meant to be the face/heel here, but oh well, it's been perfectly ok to watch. Should be a good match. Hope the E will do the right thing and put Bray over.

Goldberg v Lesnar - If Lesnar doesn't win I will be extremely surprised.

So I guess there we have it. Having run over the card, whilst I am not thrilled by most it (or in fact any of it, really), and it doesn't really seem like a Wrestlemania card, there isn't really anything on there that I think will be flat out bad, and I suspect it is a show that I will end up enjoying more than I expect. Hopefully anyway.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Forgot Rollins v HHH as well - I guess they are holding off on confirming that until the very last minute. If it goes ahead, Rollins.

Bahseph

State Captain
Braun is probably going to win the Battle Royal. Neville should never lose that cruiserweight championship. Heel Neville is a total boss.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ah yeah, forgot about Braun. Sucks that he hasn't got a match, he's been awesome. I'll change my pick to him, I think.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon Asuka may debut in the Smackdown women's match, I'd lean towards Asuka/Becky/Naomi for that one.

Also surprised that we don't have a ladder match, I guess they could do that with the Smackdown tag?

Niall

International Coach
Crowd will be fascinating once Reigns beats Taker, not really sure Goldberg and Lesnar have a car crash of a match will get them back on side. I dunno maybe have Wyatt beat Orton to keep them happy?

As at least when Brock beat Taker, they had Bryan winning the title as the main event which no matter what happened previously was always going to send the crowd home happy.

Mike5181

International Captain
Turns on RAW*

Stephanie talking down to Sami Zayn. Puts him in another match with Kevin Owens.

Turns off RAW*

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched a replay of Smackdown last night and the pops the Usos got for winning the titles was huge. They were never this over during their face run.

edit: They're proper gangsta as heels.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Exactly.. Fanbase is too contrarian to cheer for a guy who behaves like he wants to be cheered.
I think a lot of the time it's because the E don't know how to book people as faces that people would actually want to cheer for tbh. Not so much a problem with the fanbase, but with Meekmahan not understanding what they want.

Take Apollo Crews for instance. Bloke is great. Has a great image and bags of talent. If he was booked properly he'd be over. Instead they package him up as a happy, smiling, earnest babyface who always "does the right thing" and the crowd just could not give less of a crap. Such a waste.

indiaholic

International Captain
Agreed.. Part of it is also heels fighting with an eye catching style.. Most of them perform seriously risky moves to win a match and who doesn't want to cheer for a guy who is willing to put his body on the line for our entertainment? Heels should be all about eye rakes, low blows, rest holds and outside interference.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, AJ being used as a heel is a bit of a miscast (despite the fact that he's awesome at it, because he is at everything WAG). He's the most over full-time guy in the entire company. Rollins was also miscast as a heel for far too long. I enjoyed his initial run as a heel, but like AJ, he can be so good to watch that people just started to cheer him anyway. Once that happens people should be turned face asap. Problem is, when the E does this, they tend to change their character's fundamentally, which erases the main reasons why people were cheering for them anyway, and then they wonder why they aren't getting over anymore. Stupid.

In unrelated news, seems the Cruiserweight title match has been moved to the WM pre-show, which sucks all kind of balls.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Most "universally" over babyfaces:
Tier 1: Goldberg, Jericho, Ambrose
Tier 2: Bayley, Sasha Banks, Rollins, New Day, Sami Zayn, Enzo and Cass during their entrance, Cesaro while wrestling, Big Show or Kane after an absence, Austin Aries,
Tier 3: Becky Lynch, Cesaro in promos, Enzo and Cass while wrestling, Nikki Bella, Naomi during her entrance, Goldust while power slamming someone, Gentleman Jack, Luke Harper

It isn't that bad IMO. I reckon it was worse a year ago.

*did not count Orton, Cena or Undertaker who would all be tier 1 but hardly due to recent booking or performance

There's just a lot of failures at the forefront of people's minds, because Rollins should be a huge baby face but they mishandled a lot of the turn and guys like Kalisto and Crews are extremely talented but only get cheered for being killed by Ziggler.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does suck but I will be watching the entire event anyway, even if it is disappointing..
Yeah same, it's kind of symbolic though. I mean, now that these shows are on the Network it kind of doesn't matter because people can watch it anyway, but it says a lot about what the E's management actually think of a match if they choose to stick it on the pre-show.

Normally I wouldn't care much about stuff like this, as stuff that's put on the pre-show usually deserves to be there as they tend to be glorified TV matches. On this occasion, however, Neville has been one of the best things in WWE for a while now, and his match with Aries is one of the few I was actually really interested in seeing, so this is super lame. I'm sure it'll still be fine and all, but it won't be the same if it's not on the full card.