• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ponting Tribute Thread

DingDong

State Captain
didn't like him but a great player

but it's hilarious the same guys who sullied the murali tribute thread are in here reporting and handing out infractions lol

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
didn't like him but a great player

but it's hilarious the same guys who sullied the murali tribute thread are in here reporting and handing out infractions lol
And change of name of thread no less. Have to say some folks are too touchy about Ponting, and that's not based on evidence from this thread alone.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You're right. The huge contingent of Ponting fans have been ruling this site with an iron fist.

Get real.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
And change of name of thread no less. Have to say some folks are too touchy about Ponting, and that's not based on evidence from this thread alone.
The change of name happened after Spark handed out infractions. Nowhere it was mentioned prior to my post that this was supposed to be a circle jerk thread for Ponting.

Looks like the norm here is verdict first trial next.

My last post in this thread on this matter.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
The change of name happened after Spark handed out infractions. Nowhere it was mentioned prior to my post that this was supposed to be a circle jerk thread for Ponting.

yeah....this has been pretty pathetic

Satyanash89

Banned

Yeah... was handled like a dictatorship to be honest...quite disappointing. Saw a post saying "the timing wasnt right" to criticize Ponting. Well excuse me... this is the perfect time... now that he's retired we can truly evaluate how Ponting carried himself and what he brought to the game... good and bad
And then people say SRT fanboys are pathetic... gimme a break

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

The whole of CW weeps.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is this new or something?

It has always been the norm that in retirement threads, we don't just take a complete dump on a great player. There's other threads to do it in - we even have one dedicated to it now! - but the retirement thread is simply there to celebrate a player now that he's gone. Not to start controversies about whether a player was sportsmanlike or not. It doesn't matter whether it's Ponting or whoever, just keep it elsewhere. Let people have their moment in the sun in one thread.

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
Is this new or something?

It has always been the norm that in retirement threads, we don't just take a complete dump on a great player. There's other threads to do it in - we even have one dedicated to it now! - but the retirement thread is simply there to celebrate a player now that he's gone. Not to start controversies about whether a player was sportsmanlike or not. It doesn't matter whether it's Ponting or whoever, just keep it elsewhere. Let people have their moment in the sun in one thread.
Point is, this wasnt even a retirement thread initially... A thread called "ponting retires" would obviously invite polarizing opinions

Spark

Global Moderator
Point is, this wasnt even a retirement thread initially... A thread called "ponting retires" would obviously invite polarizing opinions
Well I can only say that I massively, massively disagree.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah... was handled like a dictatorship to be honest...quite disappointing. Saw a post saying "the timing wasnt right" to criticize Ponting. Well excuse me... this is the perfect time... now that he's retired we can truly evaluate how Ponting carried himself and what he brought to the game... good and bad
And then people say SRT fanboys are pathetic... gimme a break
Wait til he retires.

DingDong

State Captain
i don't mind having a tribute thread with no negative posts but the double standards is what gets me

kiwis lankans saffas also need their mods. flem274 doesnt count cos he's too fair.

jondavluc

State Regular
yeah....this has been pretty pathetic
Not as bad as your posting.I find it amazing that you think ok for people to piss on a retirement thread. I don't go to a retirement party and piss on the guest of honour's cake because I didn't like him I just don't attend.He may not be liked by some but he was loved by many and his thread doesn't need to sullied by people acting like spoiled 5 year olds.Not because of Ricky but because of loving memories of him by people on this forum who want share their memories in peace without someone acting like a damned child because someone got away with something that he found insulting in other retirement threads.Instead of acting like a child he could of took it up to a moderator rather piss off many people who most likely gave people like murli and taibu respectful posts.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
im on the fence on this-

if you only saw the title and posted then you have a point in saying that his critics would express what they didn't like about him.

if you read the other posts, then you would realize that it is actually a tribute thread.

Last edited: