• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Paraguay vs Spain (Quarter-Final Four)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Phwoar, Casillas making a meal and making amends in the space of 0.5 seconds.

R_D

International Debutant
Who the **** was the dumb commentator.... Ramos was down for 1 minute during the injury time you ****... thats why the referee went 4 minutes into the injury time.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How lucky are Spain? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They're also a bunch of cynical bastards, with all the card-waving antics. As good as the Germans have been to watch in this competition, I hope we finally get a proper contest. The goal was brilliantly worked, by the way.

grecian

How lucky are Spain? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They're also a bunch of cynical bastards, with all the card-waving antics. As good as the Germans have been to watch in this competition, I hope we finally get a proper contest. The goal was brilliantly worked, by the way.
Very, but they've had a really solid defensive base, and Villa is getting them out of jail. Can't believe the Hun are better to watch then the Spanish, but it's undoubtedly true.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Spain look like they're running on fumes.

Doesn't help that Del Bosque is doing a poor job tactically.

Johnners

Torres has been used horribly for mine, not in the best of touch for sure but the service he's been given has been woeful. Xavi nowhere near his best this tournament

Scaly piscine

Yet another team dominates Spain and then decides you know what we'll just let you annoying tossers through to the next round. FFS.

Uppercut

Very, but they've had a really solid defensive base
Haven't been impressed at all by their defending TBH, especially since the end of the group stages. They just keep the ball so well that it doesn't matter so much.

vcs

Their defenders play a big role in their ball-retention, so yes, I think they should be given credit for defending well no matter how they do it. People often like to say the same thing about Barcelona, but surely all that counts is the "Goals Against" column? Barcelona conceded only 24 goals in the league last season, the least of any team in the top 3 leagues.

Johnners

Yet another team dominates Spain and then decides you know what we'll just let you annoying tossers through to the next round. FFS.
Got nothing to do with Spain maybe being just a little bit good then all these apparent capitulations? Yeah Paraguay had their chances, but not willing to perhaps give Spain a bit of credit?

Son Of Coco

Got nothing to do with Spain maybe being just a little bit good then all these apparent capitulations? Yeah Paraguay had their chances, but not willing to perhaps give Spain a bit of credit?
I'm starting to think Scaly hates all the teams that have a bit of talent.