• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Must be said that was one of the ATG spells from Yasir, if it happened in Eng/Aus/India it would probably get the large scale celebration it deserves. Of course NZ need to be better given there's precious little cricket afforded to them, but doubt most sides would have dealt with that.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Wtf was that.

Commentators saying there was a soft signal, there wasn't.

Enough doubt with the bat hitting the pad imo, pretty ridiculous decision.

Moss

Latham is doing the Guptill circa 2012 thing of getting by on one half century per series.

The Hutt Rec

I'd have liked to have seen the syched up side on and front on views on that one. He probably got a scratch, but from front on it didn't look like it.

Howsie

International Captain
There was a mark on snicko before he hit his pad, so I think he did hit it.
Yeah but there was a gap between bat and ball when the first spike comes up. I thought he flicked the top of his pad and then the second spike was obviously him smashing his pad.

Latham would’ve chucked it away anywho so not having a bitch but that was all rather strange.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Yeah but there was a gap between bat and ball when the first spike comes up. I thought he flicked the top of his pad and then the second spike was obviously him smashing his pad.

Latham would’ve chucked it away anywho so not having a bitch but that was all rather strange.
Agreed. The concerning thing for me was the amount of time the 3rd umpire didnt spend on it.

Raghav

Nicholls never disappoints in giving fans, heart attack with his first 3 deliveries he faces ..

The Hutt Rec

I don't have an issue with it not being overturned, but I'm not confident about the decision to give it out in the first place. My faith isn't helped by him only sending it up to check the catch, which was blatently fine, and then giving a clearly dodgy LB the next ball.

Moss

Good innings from Taylor but weak finish there. Really shouldn't be giving your wicket away in that fashion. Hopefully he's got some fluency going into the 3rd test now.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Yesterday I try to figures out bowlers who took most wicket in single day of test cricket.those records are not easy to sorts out

I think before world war good number of players took so many wickets in single day of test cricket but I really hates those records.How the hail 588 runs scored in single day of test ( Ind vs Eng in eng) how many overs you bowls? .On those days they never change ball after 80 overs keep playing with old ball, what amazed me was they keep playing under "light to moderate rains ,No wonder why those bowlers pick 2700 or 3000 wickets in one and half decades.

So I sorts out after WORLD WAR in test
More wickets by bowler in single day
=================================

Vinu Mankad - vs Pakistan at Delhi-. 1952 ( 11 wickets)
Jim Laker. - vs Australia at Old Trafford-1956 (10 wkts)
Anil Kumble-. vs Pakistan at Delhi. -. 1999 (10 wkts)
Yasir Shah. vs Newzeland at Dubai --. 2018 ( 10 wkts)
-

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, was hoping Taylor could somehow pull out a 150 here, but I guess he can save that for next match when it will probably matter more.

130 runs to make Pakistan bat again is now a very long way away

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Why Latham open in Dubai ?
You have Grandhomme mr zero League there, Latham hits fine century here, NZ wasted him as opener

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I said imagine. I wish to make it clear I never accused them of altering the ball with mints or dirt in the pocket. And if they did I would not expect them to be rewarded with OBEs or be retained as captain. I mean what sort of ****** country would do that?

Imagine.
But why even say that? It has absolutely no relevance to anything.