• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Is a South African a best choice to achieve this?
Don't think nationality of the coach has anything to do with it does it ? Won the Champs Trophy when they had no chance.

I think Mickey is good at building teams and team cultures. He did with a young SA team that flourished together for about 10/11 years after the beginning.

Mickey sets standards high and that just isn't through hard work at training & discipline/responsibility but showing fight/grit on the cricket field is a bare minimum. We all know Pakistan's batting performances can look gutless when it wants too. Think these are the things he knows is even more important with no Misbah and Younus.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think nationality of the coach has anything to do with it does it ? Won the Champs Trophy when they had no chance.

I think Mickey is good at building teams and team cultures. He did with a young SA team that flourished together for about 10/11 years after the beginning.

Mickey sets standards high and that just isn't through hard work at training & discipline/responsibility but showing fight/grit on the cricket field is a bare minimum. We all know Pakistan's batting performances can look gutless when it wants too. Think these are the things he knows is even more important with no Misbah and Younus.
Tongue in cheek....

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not being racist or anything but that is not the voice I excpected from ajaz at all
Yep, has a more classic kiwi accent than most kiwis. Been here since the age of 5.

fmd I didn't want to post on here because I honestly thought I'd jinx it. **** me what a win.
You and me both. To land that good a delivery at that precise moment says a lot about this Patel kid. Dipak, Jeetan, eat your heart out.

Probably our second greatest victory in the SC, after 2nd Test, New Zealand tour of India at Mumbai, Nov 24-29 1988 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo. Remembering our victory in 2014 was marred by the death of Phil Hughes.

Flem274*

123/5
ajaz looks accurate enough at least to do some bowling at home. will be interesting to see how he reacts to batsmen having a go at him on unhelpful nz decks.

nice to find another guy who can take bags in asia and the uae tho

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, just wow. Didn't have the chance to watch this tonight and I had to stop checking cricinfo once the score got down to 15 required with 3 wickets in hand. This has to rate up there as one of the best NZ wins ever. Ajaz Patel... we've all sat round for years watching him slowly masticate his way through plunket shield batting lineups like a python swallowing a drunk fat guy, and we all thought the same thing: '...nah, he's a fat **** who puts no work on the ball, lets give Ish/Jeets/Craig/Tastle/Santa/****ing Sommerville a punt instead'. Well he proved us all wrong today. What a legend. Also looks like Wags did his usual thing of pulling vital wickets out of his arse just as all looked lost. 5th best NZ bowler of all time behind only Hadlee, Bond, Cowie and Boult.

This must be close to NZ's biggest come from behind win in terms of runs conceeded in the first innings?

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ajaz looks accurate enough at least to do some bowling at home. will be interesting to see how he reacts to batsmen having a go at him on unhelpful nz decks.

nice to find another guy who can take bags in asia and the uae tho
Easily the most impressive NZ spinner of the recent lot. Turns out Santa's injury was a blessing in disguise. We may not have seen him at Test level otherwise.

Flem274*

123/5
Easily the most impressive NZ spinner of the recent lot. Turns out Santa's injury was a blessing in disguise. We may not have seen him at Test level otherwise.
was just going to say, if santa and tastle weren't crocked he'd never have made it