• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official **** Pakistan in Zimbabwe

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sohail Khan looked real ordinary.

Cheema and Junaid were slightly better but not by much from the little i saw. Though, tbf the pitch hasn't helped seamers much.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be rather surprised if Ajmal doesn't pick up a 10-fer in this match. He will surely end his career with a very high wickets per match ratio, not quite Murali-esque but not a million miles away.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It wasn't that long ago Rehman was being preferred to Ajmal; I used to rant about how I thought that was a tad silly. I really wish it was still the case about now though; this would be a completely different match IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No third man to Taibu is always silly. Test captains worldwide seem to be allergic to the position though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ajmal's doosra is almost unique in that it has the same drift and flight path as his off-break. It'd make it basically impossible to pick him in the air, especially as he bowls both deliveries with a scrambled seam a lot of the time. You have to watch it out of the hand.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Ajmal is gun

Hope Pakistan squirm in this match though, they deserve it for 'resting' Gul and Wahab

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This tennis crap isn't even live. WTF Ten Sports?
They put this game on Ten Sports originally because Ten Cricket was being taken up with the Test in Sri Lanka - they've moved this game over to Ten Cricket now because the day's play is over.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha in the tea break they're running what seems to be a regular segment for Ten Cricket on "super spells". Their choice for today's edition was... *drumroll* ... North's Michelle at Lords. Scraping the barrel a bit there, to say the least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Pakistani bowlers have been disappointing apart from Ajmal. Why didn't Pakistan play a second spinner?
Won the toss and bowled too; pretty odd.

I think they're trying to use this series to have a look at the bench strength of their seamers though, come what may the result. It'd explain the "resting" of Gul of Wahab, the decision to play three seamers and the decision to bowl first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprised they're still going with so much pace, although again if it's basically being used a selection trial it makes a bit of sense. Would definitely have spin from at least one end at the moment though; if Ajmal needs a rest then bowl Hafeez.