• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yousuf is turning 37 in a couple of months........
Age doesn't matter that much to a Test batsman. Maybe to an eye-player like Richards, Sehwag or DeSilva, a certain stagnation point comes along when their reflexes are not that quick.

Yousuf is a technically sound batsman and certainly one of the finest Test batsmen I've seen in my last 10 years of viewing. Graham Gooch was a great player for the last three years of his career. Tendulkar, at 38, looks as brilliant as he ever was.

It's mind-boggling to me that a seriously below average Pakistani side is struggling on a pitch with uneven bounce, and a batsman like Yousuf is playing county cricket. Except for Tendulkar, Kallis, Ponting, Dravid, M. Hussey, Sanga and Chanderpaul, I do not see any current Test batsman in/above Yousuf's league. It would have been funny, had it not been such a perverse waste of a great batsman. I use that word judiciously, btw!

Last edited:

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
I think misbah doubts his ability to get any respect from yousuf or control him remotely,yousuf probably thinks of misbah as an upstart.With younis khan another disaffected senior its a potentially disastrous internal situation.

hang on

State Vice-Captain
super stuff by the windies!

nice post, outswingeratpace. though not sure i completely agree with tendulkar being as brilliant as he was in his prime. he looks less likely to get out, sure, but his batting in the late 90s was something else...

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
super stuff by the windies!

nice post, outswingeratpace. though not sure i completely agree with tendulkar being as brilliant as he was in his prime. he looks less likely to get out, sure, but his batting in the late 90s was something else...
Agree,he had that ability to effortlessly destroy any bowling line up almost at will back then.Oh the good old days,but lets not make this another tendulkar thread.8-)

hang on

State Vice-Captain
noone's trying to make this a tendulkar thread! surely things haven't come to such a pass that his name cannot be mentioned or an attribute discussed in passing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Age doesn't matter that much to a Test batsman. Maybe to an eye-player like Richards, Sehwag or DeSilva, a certain stagnation point comes along when their reflexes are not that quick
The age argument may be more to do with Pakistan needing to look to the future, rather than his present ability. Of course, there's the argument of experience to guide the youth (see Chanders before and during this match), but it is a valid point that both WI and Pakistan need to look past the older players as "saviours" sooner than later.

centurymaker

International Captain
The age argument may be more to do with Pakistan needing to look to the future, rather than his present ability. Of course, there's the argument of experience to guide the youth (see Chanders before and during this match), but it is a valid point that both WI and Pakistan need to look past the older players as "saviours" sooner than later.
This is what I was implying basically. Plus, he hasn't done particularly well in tests for quite some time. (since 06/07)

Younis Khan should've been playing though. WHat happened to him?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Saw that coming tbh. Misbah was the real hinge of this match. Very impressed with how a few guys have played, especially Rampaul and Umar Akmal.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All things considered, Pakistan managed the chase fairly well but losing 3 for **** all at the start of the innings cost them dearly.

salman85

International Debutant
Enough of Mohammad Yousuf.I love the guy,but we have to move on.

Azhar Ali and Asad Shafique have talent,as they showed in this match.Even Umar showed signs of maturity barring that first innings howler to which he go out.Stick with them.The only concern for me at the moment is the incometence of our keeper with the bat.He really is pretty awful.He needs to bat atleast a bit.There are other keepers waiting in the wings,like Sarfaraz Ahmed,who are equally good behind the wickets but much better batsmen.Muhammad Salman could lose his place to them if his batting doens'nt improve.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
I hope the next test is also a bowling wicket. Will teach our pathetic batsmen a lesson. Couldn't even use their feet ffs. Needed Sadaf Hussain for this match, he would have been really good.

Congrats to the West Indies supporters.
Unfortunately, the Warner Park pitch at St Kitts is a batting track, and the groundsmen don't know how to change it....
:unsure:

shivfan

Banned
Gotta love Jimmy Adams. He's on comm duty in our Sky studio and was asked if Ajmal had been the most enjoyable bowler on display.

" 'Enjoyable' isn't the word I'd used to describe his bowling."

Glad to see Jimmy got the memo. :cool:
I thought Jimmy was an excellent in-studio guest....