• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Younus Khan, Tough time, has nerves of steel

angad

U19 12th Man
Q1 2005 - Father died (Australia Tour)

Q4 2005 - Brother Mohammed Sharif Khan aged 41 died, who in Youins's words taught him to play cricket. (England Tour)

Q4 2006 - Another older brother, Farman Ali Khan was only 39, when he was killed in a car accident in Germany (West Indies Tour)

Q1 2007 - Coach Bob Woolmer died, He stated that he saw Bob as a father figure after the loss of his own father and that he was able to share many personal thoughts with the cricket coach. (World Cup)

5/8/2011 - His brother passed away, news all over Twitter, he is going home to be with his family. (West Indies Tour)

This guy life is full of sorrows whether cricket or off field. He has a very sad life story and still he continues to smile. I hope he sees some happier days. May God give strength to his Family to overcome this situation.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Very sad for his loss.

As much as he may irritate me at times,the man is a fighter,and as cricinfo puts it,is true to his pathan ancestry.

WAG.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Sad to hear that his brother passed away إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

He is one of the nicest cricketers in the world today, and is always positive. What a great servant to Pakistani cricket despite the controversies that have been going on.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Love his smile, WAG
Very sad for his loss.

As much as he may irritate me at times,the man is a fighter,and as cricinfo puts it,is true to his pathan ancestry.

WAG.
Sad to hear that his brother passed away إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

He is one of the nicest cricketers in the world today, and is always positive. What a great servant to Pakistani cricket despite the controversies that have been going on.
AWTA.

z

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Poor bloke.

I remember when he came down to South Australia one season to play for the Redbacks. Scored two first class tons and did really well. Younis seemed to love Adelaide and from what I've heard, was very well liked within the team. Not suprising as he is considered one of the nicest blokes in world cricket.

I got his autograph one game at the SCG to :cool: . Also, had an epic convo with Greg Blewett that same day :wub:.

slowfinger

International Debutant
love him in every way. W A F G. :wub: Hayyyyyuuuuuuge condolences. :( Nauzubillah.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Always liked the guy and the way he plays. Fights, counter attacks and smiles his way through games while scoring lots of runs. Hard to imagine a better way of playing the game.

Very sad to hear of his multiple personal tragedies.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah its sad and mind boggling how he ends up loosing his close one's so frequently, he's a fighter he will overcome this.

Gooch20

Banned
feel sorry for him, though i personally think he should retire now, he has been struggling as a batsman for the last few years now