• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

viriya

International Captain
Yea that is a ****ty move by SLC.. but if it's a definite washout I guess there's no real other option..

I feel like it's time to talk about how Malinga has become fat and overrated in ODIs.. he can bluff his way in 4 overs of T20Is, but it shows in the longer limited overs format that he's really past it now. Since 2011 which was his best year, his econ has steadily gone up and he doesn't strike any better either. A big problem that our main strike bowler going into a world cup is past it. I would be surprised if we make the semis tbh.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Can hardly blame SLC when the outfield pretty much guaranteed a washout, given their broadcast deal was for day-night stuff certain closer grounds were eliminated I guess and that left Hambantota basically (although wouldn't Pallekele also have been possible?) so while it sucks keeping the same arrangements wouldn't have worked either I guess, head curator of the ground requested this.

Yeah our ODI bowling unit has fallen to pieces recently, Malinga has his days but he is proving more and more overstretched in the longer format than ever before, Kula isn't taking early wickets like he used to plus he's being asked to bowl 4-5 overs at the death where tiny errors are punished severely, our go-to spinner has been banned and we are left with not many other options. Prasad probably deserves a go, at whose expense I'm not really sure, one of the spinners in the squad also deserves a go, I feel like Randiv with his height and overspin could be handy when bowling under pressure and he could become a real wicket-taking option.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was a classy chase. Do Afridi+Hafeez count as one proper batsman, I sometimes wonder?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hence "at least" :p

I think Pakistan can be a really good ODI side, they just need Ajmal back, their three left arm seamers injury free and in form and their batting to to fire more often, the talent is certainly there

viriya

International Captain
Also Angelo needs to come in at #5.. Chandimal just stops him from getting a ton. The more time Angelo bats the better.. I think he should move to #4 in Tests now too.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Also Angelo needs to come in at #5.. Chandimal just stops him from getting a ton. The more time Angelo bats the better.. I think he should move to #4 in Tests now too.
Reckon he should actually bat above Mahela at 4 in ODIs

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Can hardly blame SLC when the outfield pretty much guaranteed a washout, given their broadcast deal was for day-night stuff certain closer grounds were eliminated I guess and that left Hambantota basically (although wouldn't Pallekele also have been possible?) so while it sucks keeping the same arrangements wouldn't have worked either I guess, head curator of the ground requested this.

Yeah our ODI bowling unit has fallen to pieces recently, Malinga has his days but he is proving more and more overstretched in the longer format than ever before, Kula isn't taking early wickets like he used to plus he's being asked to bowl 4-5 overs at the death where tiny errors are punished severely, our go-to spinner has been banned and we are left with not many other options. Prasad probably deserves a go, at whose expense I'm not really sure, one of the spinners in the squad also deserves a go, I feel like Randiv with his height and overspin could be handy when bowling under pressure and he could become a real wicket-taking option.
Nah, drop Perera and Kule, and forget about all rounder ****. Get propoer batsmen and proper bowlers in.

Dilshan, Kusal P, Sanga, MJ, Chandimal, Mathews, Priyanjan, Randiv/Herath, Eranga, Lakmal and Malinga

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand why Babar isn't in the Test or ODI side. Particularly tests. But with Ajmal not playing this game surely Babar should be in.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't understand why Babar isn't in the Test or ODI side. Particularly tests. But with Ajmal not playing this game surely Babar should be in.
Afridi + Hafeez = 2 spinners already pretty much, and given that they do a pretty decent job and Hanmbantota doesn't have a whole lot for the spinner I can understand it

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hafeez is so infuriating. He is so good to watch when he gets going, but he's such a rubbish batsman in general that we hardly get to see it for any length of time. Darren ganga syndrome.